Why We Love Working at XO Group:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
About the Software Engineer role and Our Team
XO Group is looking for a highly motivated software engineer with a passion for doing things right and meticulous in the details. The individual's primary role will be to support and develop applications and backend ETL systems to support our business groups and our internal sales, compensation and financial systems. The candidate will work in an Agile environment, working with a team of Product Managers and a highly talented team of engineers all working to provide the best in class systems to our business stakeholders. The person will be expected to to have a good understanding of relational databases, highly adaptable to new technologies and software development concepts and loves to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand business requirements
- Collaborate with team members on best practices for software development
- Develop and maintain SQL processes for our financial systems
- Develop and maintain system resource stacks for our enterprise applications and services
- Create/Maintain documentations for our systems
- Develop and support self-monitoring, robust, scalable systems, ETL/ELT processes and data RESTful API service
- Work with JIRA, our project and issue tracking system
- Manage database supporting elements including schemas, tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, scripts and declarative integrity constraints
- Provide production support to our business users
- Participate and attend sprints to achieve our business objective and goals
Skills & Experience
MIS/CIS/CS Degree or 3 to 5 years relevant experience with software development
3+ years experience of working with relational databases such as MS SQL Server/Oracle
Experience using source code version systems, especially Git
Experience with writing and troubleshooting advanced SQL and aggregate queries
Proven work experience in software development
Must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience with integration to salesforce.com a plus
Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Dell Boomi a plus
Experience with NoSQL databases a plus
Experience with Postgres a plus
Benefits & Perks:
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentorship program.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation, weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives
See Inside the Office of XO Group
XO Group is a premier consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy, and everything in-between. Its flagship brand, The Knot, guides couples through the wedding planning process, while its newlywed brands, The Nest and The Bump, provide inspiration for everyone’s post-wedding adventures. Through its trusted voice, mobile-first applications, and powerful media channels, XO Group empowers couples to navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments.
Back to top