Senior Software Engineer
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group is seeking a talented and driven full-stack engineer to join The Knot Guest List team.
The Knot is the nation’s leading wedding marketplace, providing our couples with a completely personalized experience that guides them through the entire wedding planning journey. The apps you will be working on contribute 45% of The Knot’s traffic: what you build will be used by millions of couples and their guests. You will be building tools with a broad set of features, which means that you will be constantly met with unique technical challenges at every layer of the stack. Our users are demanding and our roadmap is aggressive, but the broad nature of our products means that quality is critical. You should be be interested in and have the ability to build complex features whilst also taking care to produce quality code; and guiding those around you to do the same. What you build will change lives - it is extremely rewarding to receive feedback from passionate and overjoyed couples when they use our apps.
- Serve as a software engineer on the Guest List team helping develop The Knot’s suite of planning tools that a couple uses to connect and engage with their guests.
- Produce well-tested, extensible code that stands up to 5M+ requests per day.
- Participate in the Agile development process to help architect, build and ship new features.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to junior engineers on the team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 4 years experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable and high visibility web applications.
- Experience working across the full web application stack - preferably with Ruby on Rails and React - although similar experience will be strongly considered.
- Strong FE development skills, track record of implementing beautiful user experiences
- Consider solid test coverage to be an important part of the development process. Experience with TDD and testing frameworks a plus.
- Enjoy working in an effective autonomous cross-functional team and take care to carry yourself and execute your work in a professional manner.
- Communicate well, love to share knowledge and are also always willing to learn from others and constantly strive to improve the quality of your code.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
Back to top