Senior Salesforce Engineer
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SR. SALESFORCE ENGINEER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must use inter-personal skills to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners within the organization. Candidate will have a solid understanding of best practices for software development lifecycle while working in a highly dynamic environment. The right candidate is smart, detail-oriented, productive and effective both as an individual contributor and as a team member.
As part of a high-performing team that tackles big challenges day to day, you will not get bored and always looking to solve big core issues that impacts our core end users that drive company revenue. This means that you will be working and collaborating with various groups throughout the company, innovating and delivering products that will impact all lines of business.
- Develop, configure, and maintain Salesforce CRM
- Configuration and creation of new custom objects or extensions
- Trigger and workflow development
- Visual Force pages and APEX development
- Implement and maintain our SOA services
- Maintain our distributed and diverse environment
- Code for performance, memory efficiency, scale, readability, maintainability and with security in mind
- Work with our Product Managers, Project Managers and BSAs to deliver quality products
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of professional development experience in Salesforce
- 3+ years experience with OOP
- 2+ years experience developing RESTful services
- 2+ years experience with Force.com development (APEX, Visual Force Pages, Triggers, Workflows)
- Experience with Zuora as an Order Management system preferred
- A pragmatic programmer who takes pride in going the extra mile for a better user experience
- Experience with TDD and agile development principles
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation, generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and company outings, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
See Inside the Office of XO Group
XO Group is a premier consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy, and everything in-between. Its flagship brand, The Knot, guides couples through the wedding planning process, while its newlywed brands, The Nest and The Bump, provide inspiration for everyone’s post-wedding adventures. Through its trusted voice, mobile-first applications, and powerful media channels, XO Group empowers couples to navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments.
Back to top