Senior Research Analyst
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Research is highly regarded at XO Group, where we follow a mixed method approach to understand our customers. Our customers are central to our core value - Love Our Users. We’re growing the Research team to maximize our impact across the organization, especially on Product and Marketing strategies.
We’re actively seeking an analytical and empathetic Senior Research Analyst to help couples plan the most important moments of their lives. You'll have the opportunity to analyze our industry studies to inform sustainable, user-friendly products and to bridge the gap between qualitative and quantitative insights. You’ll be on the Research team, part of the Product organization, with strong connections to Market Research and Data Science. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in statistics, research methods, and data science.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to measure and communicate actionable insights.
- Work at the intersection of User Research, Market Research, and Data Science to collaboratively communicate a cohesive customer narrative.
- Oversee research data collection and drive developments in the quality of these initiatives and pull data from syndicated platforms.
- Report on market sizing and opportunity, customer segments; integrate quantitative insights into qualitative research.
- Educate Product team on quantitative research best practices.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years in a quantitative field, such as consulting, market research, or advanced Degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, or similar quantitative field
- Knowledge in SQL-like query languages and statistical analysis
- At least 1 year working on an agile team
- Ability to adapt, refine, direct and organize insights based on business goals and user needs
- Experience pulling data from syndicated platforms (ex. ComScore, Nielsen @Plan, MRI, etc)
- Experience communicating analysis and results to any audience
- Detail oriented and self motivated to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with a knack for storytelling
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
See Inside the Office of XO Group
XO Group is a premier consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy, and everything in-between. Its flagship brand, The Knot, guides couples through the wedding planning process, while its newlywed brands, The Nest and The Bump, provide inspiration for everyone’s post-wedding adventures. Through its trusted voice, mobile-first applications, and powerful media channels, XO Group empowers couples to navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments.
Back to top