Senior Product Designer
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, to planning amazing parties for every important milestone, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples, party planners, and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SR. PRODUCT DESIGNER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a full-stack product designer who wants to build great products that bring people together to celebrate and create incredible memories.
GigMasters (part of XO Group) is seeking a Senior Product Designer to own the complete end-to-end experience of our exciting transition to a next generation inspiration led transactional marketplace. In the next year, GigMasters will undergo a complete transformation that you can own. It will become an inspirational and actionable marketplace with a new strategy, new brand, new experience and a new technical platform. This is a greenfield opportunity to lead the charge during an exciting company transformation.
Our Senior Product Designer will be an empowered partner who will work closely with customers, product managers, researchers, and developers on our agile squads. We believe in collaboration and solving the most important problems – your role will be to serve as the loudest advocate for all customers and bring them an inspirational experience at every level. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a mid-size, entrepreneurial company with a lively start-up mentality and to own a new experience for an industry-leading brand.
Be a great product squad partner
- Work as a partner in an autonomous product organization and contribute to all aspects of the experience at both a strategic and tactical level. We’ll expect you to generate ideas, help define requirements, and lead design initiatives for a fast-paced product squad that is building a vibrant two-sided marketplace. Day to day work includes user research, producing wireframes and user flows, detailed UI work for web, prototyping at varying levels of fidelity, and conducting user tests reporting user insights and collaboration with engineers.
- Lead and facilitate collaborative design sessions that include a broad range of your colleagues – developers, product managers, marketing partners, and business stakeholders. We regularly conduct journey mapping sessions, design studios, design sprints, and user story mapping sessions – it’s all part of our process.
Be a great product designer
- Know and love our users and customers – understand their pain points, synthesize their feedback, and above all, be their champions.
- Research, test, learn, iterate. Repeat. We can always improve and provide more value.
- Confidently present and discuss your design solutions with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Maintain a spirit of shared ownership, cooperation, and accountability through all phases of the product development process.
Be a great design team partner
- Contribute to the brand’s visual language and cohesive user experience as an ongoing creative endeavor through the honing of our brand digital guidelines, growth of our pattern library, and holistic site experience.
- Participate in design team reviews/critiques at various stages of UX and visual design phases to maintain a balanced, cohesive, and unified product.
- Actively engage with the wider XO Group design team to absorb their learnings and share yours.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- You have 3-6 years of experience as a user-experience designer who has experience designing for desktop, mobile web. and Native iOS app a plus.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Product Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or a related field (or equivalent proven field experience).
- You love inspirational content and have always wanted to push the boundaries of visual communication to inspire action
- You have a passion for research and have facilitated user testing and studies/analysis of user feedback and behavior.
- You are a strategic design thinker, a collaborator and a champion of the user.
- You have experience defining patterns/style guides, performing user testing, and building low to high fidelity prototypes.
- You have worked with and are familiar with prominent design systems.
- Having created a production-use design system with engineering counterparts is a significant plus.
- You are proficient in Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, usertesting.com. Additional programs (Photoshop & Illustrator) a plus.
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of usability, expressed user value and brand value proposition, while also anticipating your team and manager’s needs by communicating early and often.
Please provide supporting portfolio link or a PDF version of your cases studies.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
Back to top