Senior Product Designer
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SR. PRODUCT DESIGNER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a full-stack product designer who wants to build products that matter! This means someone who is passionate about partnering with Product Owners and Engineers to set the strategic vision, interaction design direction, and visual design polish and assets that make our products world class.
Be a great product squad partner
- Work as a partner in an autonomous, full-stack, product team.
- Work with software development teams to meet technical requirements.
- Lead design studios to facilitate a shared design process.
Be a great product designer
- Know and love our users, understand their pain points, listen to their feedback, walk in their shoes, be their champions.
- Collaborate with our research team.
- Effectively present to and discuss solutions with stakeholders.
- Design visually elegant interfaces that are easy to use across platforms.
Be a great design team partner
- Contribute to a cohesive user experience via the growth of our design system.
- Participate in design team reviews/critiques.
- Improve the designers around you as you improve yourself as well.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- You have 3-6 years of experience as a full-stack user-experience designer.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, or a related field (or equivalent proven field experience).
- You have a great online portfolio.
- You have experience defining patterns/style guides, performing user testing, and building low to high fidelity prototypes.
- You are proficient in Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, usertesting.com. Additional programs (Abstract and Principle) a plus.
- You understand how software is made and how to collaborate with developers.
- You have a passion for research and have facilitated user testing and studies/analysis of user feedback and behavior.
- You process quantitative as well as qualitative data alongside empathy as a driver to distill into innovative, user-centric solutions.
- You are a strategic design thinker.
- You are an excellent communicator.
Please provide supporting portfolio link or a PDF version of your cases studies.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
Back to top