Sales Training Manager
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
XO Group is looking for an experienced and motivated Sales Training Manager. In this role, the Manager of Sales Training will lead the development, utilization and continuous improvement of service and sales techniques, processes and materials. The candidate will be continuously iterating and monitoring consistency of our service and sales process, as well as developing materials aimed at improving the onboarding experience of all new service and sales associates.
- Prioritize opportunities for efficiency in training service and sales team and assess new and current strategies across the organization.
- Research, develop and execute comprehensive skill training sessions across the service organization to maximize effectiveness of the team.
- Experience working with product, insights, and marketing teams in order to develop best-in-class service and sales training presentations for product launches. Strong background in understanding and distilling technical features for both consumer facing and enterprise facing product.
- Work with service and sales leadership on the best ways to utilize materials and roll out to the team.
- Track adoption, utilization and success after launch while gathering feedback from service and sales teams regularly to consistently improve programs.
- Experience developing effective copy to position effective customer service and sales tactics.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in business, marketing or education), MBA a plus
- Proven Track Record of successful sales achievement in a B2B space.
- Minimum of 5 years in Sales.
- Marketing, customer service, sales and/or education experience a must.
- Passion for educating or training in a customer service and a sales environment.
- Heavy content creation and strong writing skills required.
- Intermediate to advanced Powerpoint or Keynote skills required.
- Working knowledge of Google Drive & Apps including Docs, Slides and Sheets.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills a must.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative ability; need to work interdepartmentally.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and company outings, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
Back to top