XO Group Inc. (The Knot, The Bump, and The Nest) is looking for a Sales Planner based in NY to partner with the National Sales team and support all pre-sales efforts for a key set of accounts. This is a client facing role, focused on pre-sale activity between initial pitch and contract signing. The ideal candidate is an extremely organized, self-starter, with a passion for sales, marketing, and closing business!
- Prepare for and join client meetings
- Participate in brainstorms with clients and sales
- Be an expert on our ad product offerings
- Strategize on packages and product combinations to meet client objectives
- Build out media plans in the order management system
- Secure inventory availability and reservation
- Ensure adequate timelines for launch
- Provide creative specs to clients
- Coordinate internal approvals for deal exceptions
- Work through contract terms with clients and legal
- Answer client and sales requests regarding capabilities
- Coordinate seamless hand-off to Account Management for post-sale execution
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience, sales support in digital advertising preferred
- BS, preferred in Marketing or Business (or other related fields)
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects and stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Digital Ad Products / Marketing and Sales Systems (Salesforce / Operative)
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Google suite
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle for your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
See Inside the Office of XO Group
XO Group is a premier consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy, and everything in-between. Its flagship brand, The Knot, guides couples through the wedding planning process, while its newlywed brands, The Nest and The Bump, provide inspiration for everyone’s post-wedding adventures. Through its trusted voice, mobile-first applications, and powerful media channels, XO Group empowers couples to navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments.
Back to top