Sales Development Marketing Manager
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SALES DEVELOPMENT MARKETING MANAGER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group is looking for a Sales Development Marketing professional to join our National Team to brainstorm ideas, develop revenue-generating and integrated sales programs and craft compelling brand marketing materials.
- Conceptualize unique, targeted campaign ideas in response to RFPs (including content marketing programs, digital ad programs, advertorials, custom video, social media, etc.)
- Create succinct, yet creative PowerPoint decks that bring the big idea to life and communicate benefits for the client
- Partner with sales teams to develop & package comprehensive advertiser programs that will drive revenue
- Assist in the writing, execution, and updating of brand materials/sell sheets and copy for sales pitches
- Lead special advertiser/marketing program development which may include events, tentpole programs, premiums, mailings, etc.
- Collaborate with individual sales team members and research to identify category positioning needs, educate on best responses, and reinforce marketplace standing
- Work with design team on mocks and visuals for pitches and materials; keep track of timelines and communicate them with stakeholders on a project-by-project basis
- Interface with internal teams including editorial, PR, ad product, tech, etc. to keep informed of latest news and help build sales opportunities
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years relevant experience in digital marketing, advertising or other related fields
- Experience producing client-facing materials and proposals, specifically responding to RFP’s
- Clear & compelling creative/marketing writing and presentation skills
- Excellent time-management, organization and multi-tasking skills—able to manage all assigned projects and meet deadlines
- Obsessed with everything digital…from Instagram and Facebook to iPhone apps and YouTube
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative and proactive in suggesting new marketing materials & programs
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a strong writer
- Proficiency with PowerPoint
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
Back to top