Sales Compensation Analyst
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SALES COMPENSATION ANALYST, LOCAL ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group is seeking a Sales Compensation Analyst to help manage and administer Sales and Service Incentive Plans. The ideal candidate is a data-driven problem solver with top-notch execution skills that will report to the Director of Sales Operations and work cross-functionally with the Sales, Finance, HR and Technology teams.
- Manage incentive compensation payments through the review, approval and payroll process using Xactly and other tools.
- Execute routine changes to incentive compensation plans to align with strategic drivers of the business.
- Develop, maintain, and update systems and processes critical to the reporting and tracking of compensation metrics.
- Develop and maintain recurring compensation reporting and performance metrics using Xactly Analytics to be distributed to Individual Contributors, Sales Management, and Local Executives.
- Develop and maintain business partnerships with Finance, HR, and Sales management to ensure alignment of incentive compensation development with organizational, financial and sales force performance goals.
- Develop and maintain monthly and quarterly analyses to measure compensation plan performance including plan effectiveness, variance to budget, correlation between result and payouts by individual contributor and by manager.
- Develop and maintain sales rep performance metrics to proactively identify areas for improvement including but not limited to: minimum performance standards, enhanced training, and process efficiencies.
- Work on strategic initiatives related to the enhancement and implementation of sales compensation processes, systems, reporting and best practices
- Support ad hoc projects and reports requested by sales management and corporate leadership including, but not limited to: compensation metrics and trends, best practices, job design, organizational structure and compliance requirements as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (BBA/BS/BA) or equivalent professional experience required
- Two or more years of relevant professional experience required, e.g. Sales/Service Operations, Finance or HR
- One or more year of experience with enterprise SaaS software as a “power user” or administrator is required
- Experience with one or more of the following software categories is required: compensation management strongly preferred (e.g. Xactly Incent), CRM (e.g. Salesforce.com), or CPQ/QTC/billing (e.g. Zuora)
- Demonstrated expertise with Excel in a professional environment is required, including use of complex formulas
- Familiarity with data visualization and business intelligence (BI) tools and techniques strongly preferred
- Data-motivated person who is highly detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members at multiple levels (individual contributor, support staff, and management & executive)
- Adaptable in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment
- Solutions-focused individual always striving to make processes better
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
See Inside the Office of XO Group
XO Group is a premier consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy, and everything in-between. Its flagship brand, The Knot, guides couples through the wedding planning process, while its newlywed brands, The Nest and The Bump, provide inspiration for everyone’s post-wedding adventures. Through its trusted voice, mobile-first applications, and powerful media channels, XO Group empowers couples to navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments.
Back to top