In-House Collection Specialist
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE DEBT RECOVERY SPECIALIST ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
If you are someone who enjoys seeing the reward of persistence and who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and speak with people from all over the country, this position is perfect for you! The Debt Recovery Specialist will contact inactive customer accounts to resolve past due balances, while providing excellent customer service to other team members and our valued advertisers. Bonus opportunities for individual performance too!
- Contact inactive accounts with a past due balance via phone and email to find resolution
- Process Credit Card and ACH payments
- Negotiate and maintain payment arrangements as needed
- Research accounts to verify cancellation was processed in a timely manner
- Overcome stalls and objections to resolve past due balances
- Research accounts to get to the root cause of any customer issues
- Work with members of the customer service and sales team
- Track daily progress via Salesforce
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Professional written and verbal communication with both internal and external customers
- Self motivated and highly organized team player
- Ability to learn processes and systems quickly
- Experience using and navigating multiple computer systems
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience using Salesforce is a plus
- Experience in Zuora Billing system is a plus
- Ability to work general business hours (Monday - Friday)
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and company outings, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
Back to top