General Corporate & Securities Attorney
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC.
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters and How He Asked—we inspire, inform and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. And so are we.
ABOUT THE GENERAL CORPORATE AND SECURITIES ATTORNEY ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group is looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel or Associate General Counsel with broad general corporate and securities experience to join our Legal team. The XO Legal team oversees all legal activities at the company and has fun while doing it! Our ideal candidate is flexible, highly organized, detail-oriented, and is capable of handling sensitive information with care. You love working with others, collaborating and sharing responsibilities.
- Prepare and review reports filed with the SEC under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including disclosures on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, and Section 16 reporting.
- Prepare and review XO Group’s annual proxy statement; assist with planning and execution of annual meeting of stockholders.
- Assist with the preparation of materials to be provided to the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Draft and review amendments to governance documents, corporate policies and procedures, and Board committee charters.
- Assist with implementing enhancements to elements of the ethics and compliance program.
- Advise and counsel on Delaware corporate law, NYSE regulations, and general corporate governance matters.
- Advise and counsel on general corporate matters including:
- Employment and compensation matters;
- Corporate subsidiaries;
- Vendor agreements;
- Real estate;
- Intellectual property;
- Litigation; and
- Commercial matters, including advertising, promotions and sweepstakes.
- Support corporate and strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions.
- Respond promptly to requests from internal clients, and summarize and communicate legal risks in a way that business people can understand that pragmatically balances risk with our business objectives.
- Provide leadership on cross-functional teams, identify legal issues, and provide legal options / analysis of possible legal solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- D. from a nationally recognized law school and member of the New York state bar or ability to register as In-House Counsel.
- 4+ years’ experience in legal practice as a corporate attorney (either in a large law firm or a combination of a large law firm and in-house experience), with increasing levels of responsibility. Experience with small to middle market, company side representation a plus.
- Experience working on SEC reporting, NYSE regulations, Delaware corporate law, M&A and corporate governance/compliance matters.
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Flexibility and interest in working on a broad variety of legal matters in order to understand and advise the company on legal implications of its business strategy.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
See Inside the Office of XO Group
XO Group is a premier consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy, and everything in-between. Its flagship brand, The Knot, guides couples through the wedding planning process, while its newlywed brands, The Nest and The Bump, provide inspiration for everyone’s post-wedding adventures. Through its trusted voice, mobile-first applications, and powerful media channels, XO Group empowers couples to navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments.
Back to top