Director, Revenue Operations
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR, REVENUE OPERATIONS ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Director, Revenue Operations is a key leader on XO’s National Strategy & Operations team reporting to the VP, Head of National Strategy & Operations. This person oversees media pricing/rate cards, inventory forecasting, data segmentation and deal approvals. This person is an experienced and strategic leader, managing the team to execute, acting as the point of escalation and introducing innovation into process and approach.
- Direct and manage Revenue Operations team responsible for the development, execution, and measurement of strategic and tactical yield and inventory management for display, video, social, email and print ad products, including related reporting
- Oversee short-term and long-term capacity and sell thru projections, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and full-year projections
- Ensure accuracy of inventory forecasts, through detailed analysis and regular updates
- Business lead on inventory quality / verification platform and initiatives
- Lead XO Group’s National Pricing Strategy for Media, including annual and seasonal rates as well as ad hoc price incentives
- Analyze price sensitivity by market segment, demand and reservation across multiple sales channels
- Identify, communicate, and execute against opportunities for incremental revenue based on historical demand and seasonal influences
- Participate in the creation of operational workflow and internal process controls, promote the adherence to process and identify potential risks
- Lead training and information sessions with all parties, at all levels, involved in the revenue management process
- Strong cross team collaborator, particularly with Sales and Sales Support Teams
- Seamlessly work across direct and programmatic channels as well as planning, delivering and optimizing toward awareness and performance driven KPIs
- Support any technical / system based transitions that impact revenue and inventory management
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence to automate regular reporting to drive advanced analytics and insights
- Coach and develop team members, setting annual goals and meeting regularly to discuss progress individually and as a team
- Observe team activities and workflow, make positive improvements in the process
- Independently problem solve, coach the team to navigate against new variables in the process and actively manage workload across the team
- Maintain a positive attitude while being solutions-oriented
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE :
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in sales support in digital advertising
- Experience managing a 2-3 person team
- BS, preferred in Marketing or Business (or other related fields)
- Strong ability to multi-task across multiple high priority and time sensitive projects and stakeholders
- Excellent organization, communication and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive and customer-centric attitude
- Experience with Digital Ad Platforms, Technologies and Systems (YieldEx, Operative, Salesforce, MOAT, DFP, 3rd party Ad Servers/Tags/Tracking, paid media on social)
- Proficient in Excel, Google suite
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
See Inside the Office of XO Group
XO Group is a premier consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy, and everything in-between. Its flagship brand, The Knot, guides couples through the wedding planning process, while its newlywed brands, The Nest and The Bump, provide inspiration for everyone’s post-wedding adventures. Through its trusted voice, mobile-first applications, and powerful media channels, XO Group empowers couples to navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments.
Back to top