Director, Account Management
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR, ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Director, Account Management is a key leader on XO’s National Strategy & Operations team reporting to the VP, Head of National Strategy & Operations. This person is responsible for managing, coaching and leading a team of Account Managers whose primary focus is ensuring superior client service to our media clients throughout the post sale process. This person independently manages the team to execute and prioritize tasks as well as act as the point of escalation for the team.
- Direct and manage team of Account Managers, responsible for managing all aspects of the campaign lifecycle between launch and and wrap report
- Ensure client satisfaction through excellent post-sale service
- Establish desired levels of service, and reinforce those standards
- Deliver clear and customer-centric communication
- Ensure successful execution of campaigns
- Train and manage the team to deliver:
- Launch all line items on time
- Deliver reporting, launch decks, wrap-up decks, client kick-off calls, and campaign review calls in a timely and prepared fashion
- Proactively review delivery pacing and performance against client KPIs, and recommend timely reallocations and optimizations as needed
- Proactively reconcile and solve for 1st and 3rd party delivery discrepancies
- Ensure order management system is kept up to date in an accurate and timely manner for billing and revenue recognition
- Observe team activities and workflow, make positive improvements within the team as well as in the hand-offs with other related internal departments
- Work with Sales Enablement team to ensure seamless handoffs between pre-sales and post-sales, and work with post-sale creative/production teams to ensure coordinated execution of deliverables
- Share campaign insights with pre-sales teams via weekly team calls and wrap-up reports, to help pre-sales teams successfully generate the next renewal and/or up-sell the client
- Surface and drive process improvement to make the sales life cycle more efficient
- Be an expert in our ad product offerings and capabilities
- Independently problem solve and coach the team to navigate against new variables in the process
- Actively manage workload across the team, balancing maintenance of client relationships with workload of individual team members
- Lead the team through active coaching and through being a compelling example: Maintain a positive, customer-centric attitude while being solutions-oriented
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE :
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in sales support in digital advertising
- Experience managing a client-facing team required
- BS, preferred in Marketing or Business (or other related fields)
- Strong ability to multi-task across multiple high priority and time sensitive projects and stakeholders
- Excellent organization, communication and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive and customer-centric attitude
- Experience with Digital Ad Products, Technologies and Systems (Salesforce, Operative, MOAT, DFP, 3rd party Ad Servers/Tags/Tracking, paid media on social)
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Google suite
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
Back to top