Sr. Manager, eCommerce Merchandising
- New York, NY
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
The Ecommerce Team is the driving force behind WWShop (ww.com/shop). As we seek to become the leaders in wellness commerce, we deliver a best-in-class, uniquely WW, experience for anyone interested in weight loss, wellness and developing healthy habits. We drive all marketing, merchandising, creative direction and content strategy for the site and maintain cross-functional leadership to drive the business. We work closely with our engineering and product teams on day-to-day execution and long term strategy. Our assortment includes WW branded items developed by our Consumer Products team as well as a variety of partner products; all will clear reasons for “why we love it”.This role will be responsible for building and overseeing all online merchandising strategies and content setup processes as well as leveraging web site analytics to improve conversion and customer experience. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Ecommerce, this position will be responsible for building out a merchandising practice at WW, with a focus on optimization.
- Build and deliver a scalable site merchandising practice including the people, process and tools required to support the organization now and into the future.
- Develop a digital merchandising vision, strategy and road map based on customer and business needs.
- Define and drive digital merchandising strategies that deliver increased conversion, sales, average order value and other key metrics.
- Responsible for the entirety of the onsite experience, ensuring all promotions, products and content is added to the set when required
- Manage offshore support team relative to all merchandising activities ensuring execution of established strategies and quality standards.
- Perform day-to-day site maintenance as needed
- SME in user tools of our commerce platform
- Develop site optimization strategy and calendar to drive short and long-term revenue, conversion, and retention goals. Lead A/B testing program.
- Partner with the marketing team to enhance our landing page capabilities and develop, test, and launch leading site experiences that connect to our advertising strategies.
- Establish a process and workflow for onsite content in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including (but not limited to): Consumer Products, Content, IT, Supply Chain, Social/PR, Product, Customer Service, etc.
- Work closely with analytics to understand site and user behavior to identify opportunities to improve the consumer experience. Share monthly reporting/insights to the larger team.
- Lead analyses of the competitive environment, business and customers to deliver the right digital merchandising approach (e.g. navigation, taxonomy, content, cross-sells, up-sells, product guides, product bundles, etc.) to drive engagement, conversion and AOV.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, data sciences, or a related field required. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in Merchandising, eCommerce, business operations, or similar roles.
- 4+ experience in merchandising in a data driven environment required, including experience with content management and/or site production
- 2+ years of experience building and executing site testing programs
- A strong leader with management experience who can prioritize well, communicate in a compelling manner, drive organizational excellence and influence teams that are directly or indirectly managed
- Experience with commerce platforms a must (Broadleaf, Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, IBM Websphere, Shopify or or others)
- Proficiency in key web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), web testing platforms (e.g. Optimizely, Dynamic Yield etc.)
- Expert level knowledge and experience analyzing businesses, customers and competitors to create merchandising strategies
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well-being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of WW's Employees
GailChief Brand Officer
Gail makes sure that the WW brand and the company’s customers are at the center of every choice the organization makes.
Back to top