Senior Node Engineer
- Denver, CO
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecture design, implementation and support of ongoing products. Work across the board with several backend microservices and leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern engineering practices such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. As a developer at WW, your code, designs and other work will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight millions of users.
- 4+ years experience with Node.js application development
- 4+ years experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- General knowledge of storage concepts and protocols in relation to virtualized/cloud environments
- Ability to provide recommendations regarding microservice architecture, clean code, testing patterns and other best practices
- Experience with modern data stores (MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, RDS, etc)
- Experience with monitoring and performance analytics tools (Datadog, NewRelic, Loggly, Stackdriver, Prometheus, etc)
- General understanding of authorization and security concepts
- Knowledge of integration with data streams such as Kafka or Kinesis a plus
- Ability to problem solve quickly and articulate clear, viable tactical & strategic options as part of a cross-functional global team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with collaborative team skills
- Proficiency with GitHub and JIRA workflows within an Agile environment
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture and integration with data streams
- Experience supporting modern datastore and database platforms and services (Postgres, RDS, MongoDB, etc...)
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top