Senior iOS Engineer
We are seeking a mid to senior level iOS Engineer to join the WW Mobile iOS team. Our team is responsible for delivering software solutions to support our Mobile Team Members working on the WW Mobile app. You will participate in the full Agile development cycle, from working with designers and product managers to determine requirements and creating tickets in Jira, to developing features and fixing defects in Swift code, writing unit tests and delivering builds.
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
We are seeking a mid to senior level iOS Engineers to join the WW Mobile iOS team. Our team is responsible for delivering software solutions to support our Mobile Team Members working on the WW Mobile app. You will participate in the full Agile development cycle, from working with designers and product managers to determine requirements and creating tickets in Jira, to developing features and fixing defects in Swift code, writing unit tests and delivering builds.
You will also learn from our talented team of software engineers and share your knowledge to make us better too. If you've got great iOS chops and want to see the impact of your work reach millions of users, the WW Mobile team is the place for you.
We strive to be early adopters of the latest Swift features, and where possible new iOS features. We also love using tools like Cocoapods, Fastlane, and CircleCI to help us write modular code and rapidly deliver solutions to the enterprise.
Projects You Will Work On
- A new app that is used extensively by our WW members as a personal tool to do everything from tracking their weight-loss journey to interacting with other members on our online community called Connect.
- Write non-trivial, clean, well architected and self-documenting code
- Write code that is both testable and is accompanied by tests
- Take non-technical requirements and map them to technical implementation
- Build out new features and iterate on existing functionality
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions
- Participate in code reviews
- Assist and mentor junior team members
- Answer technical questions on the product and the codebase
- Become the SME in some areas of the current app e.g. payments or authentication
- Share your expertise and new learnings with the wider team
Must Have Skills
- Professional iOS/Swift development experience
- Be both a team player and a self-starter
- Delivered apps to either the App Store or to an enterprise
- A comprehensive grasp of up-to-date Swift syntax, idioms and techniques
- Experience parsing RESTful JSON API responses
- Experience writing unit tests and be comfortable with TDD
- Cocoapods expertise
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Proficient in Git and version control
- Good grasp of security best practices and cryptographic techniques
- Experience architecting Swift protocol-based solutions to difficult problems
- Experience designing libraries or other reusable modular software
- Functional Swift techniques
- Experience with the Google Firebase platform
- Experience with programmatic UI layout using NS Layout Anchors
- Experience developing on another platform such as Android/Koitlin or web/Node.js
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top