Senior Fullstack Engineer (REMOTE)
- Washington, DC
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. Open to remote candidates. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking a Senior Node Software Engineer to join and help lead our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new B2B focused products using micro-services in the cloud and modern engineering practices such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. As a developer at WW, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight lots of users.
- Contribute to our products through building Node.js micro-services deployed in AWS or GCP.
- Design and implement low-latency, highly available and performing applications that scale.
- Apply creative problem solving skills to build out new features and iterate on existing features.
- Build out API endpoints (REST, GraphQL and/or gRPC) and lightweight aggregation layers.
- Increase test coverage via unit tests and integration tests.
- Help define architectures and design patterns.
- Actively participate in PR reviews in GitHub.
- Participate in Scrum sprint ceremonies.
- Work closely with product, QA and UX teams to design the best solutions for our consumers.
- 5+ years experience building applications.
- 2+ year using Node.js for production services.
- Experience building modern APIs.
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
- Strong track record of shipping products.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well-being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- An RRSP plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Back to top