Senior Data Engineer
- Denver, CO
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
Position: Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
Location:New York City
Experience: 6-10 years
Reporting to: Director, Data Engineering
At WW, we are re-imagining engineering in and around our data infrastructure, architecture, pipeline, flow and security. We are building a modern data lake fed by batch and streaming pipelines creating incremental value from our data. We are implementing a data catalog, glossary and dictionary solution to make our data search and discoverable propelling data democratization, enhancing data quality and data security. We are reimagining and replacing old data pipelines with modern architecture and technologies. It’s an exciting time for WW Data Org and Data Engineering is driving the excitement.
If you would like to be part of this exciting journey, help building our modern data engineering solutions and set yourself up for an impressive learning and career growth potential, we have an opportunity for you. If you feel passionate and excited to design and build data engineering solutions on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), we shall talk.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead design, development, implementation and support of end-to-end data pipeline for centralized data lake on cloud
- Build data catalog, data dictionary and make data searchable for our stakeholders and users
- Work with various Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technologies, Kafka, Airflow, Metadata Management tool, Data Quality (DQ) tool, Cloud-Native Microservice architecture, CI/CD, Dev/Ops and much more
- Design and implement data security, access control (including fine-grained) and compliance solutions to safeguard our data
- Work with high volume (100s of TB), high velocity (real-time stream), high complexity (heterogeneous) data from hundreds of sources e.g. social media, click stream, e-commerce etc.
- Mentor and guide junior team members, if hired at a senior position
- Effectively communicate data governance initiatives and values to stakeholders
Experience & Skill Set
- If you have done similar works as above for 4 years or more, have some of the skillsets from below list and feel passionate and excited doing it again at WW, you have the right experience and skill sets. Let us talk
- Experienced of architecting and implementing modern data platform (data lake or data warehouse) with batch and streaming data ingestion and processing on GCP or AWS cloud
- Solid understanding of fundamental architecture and working principle of relational database, NoSQL database, massively parallel processing (MPP) database, distributed processing framework (MapReduce/Spark etc.), pub/sub messaging/streaming platform (e.g. Kafka, Google Pub/Sub, Kinesis)
- Experienced in SQL query, data manipulation language (DML) and data definition language (DDL) including hands-on experience of managing database tables and views
- Experienced of building Data App or Data Pipeline using Java/Python/Scala/Go programing language(s)
- Experienced and willing to lead and manage work for junior data engineers on the team
- Possess excellent work ethic, positive attitude to work and good verbal communication
- Can effectively document, present and pursue solution design and idea to stakeholders / teams
- Excellent work ethic, positive attitude to work and good verbal communication
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
Back to top