- New York, NY
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
We are looking for a Scala developer to join our team and work with us on interesting and challenging problems. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new microservices in the cloud by using modern engineering practices such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. As a developer at WW, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight lots of users.
- Contribute to our products through building Scala and Play framework microservices deployed in AWS or GCP.
- Design and implement low-latency, highly available and performing applications that scale.
- Apply creative problem solving skills to build out new features and iterate on existing features.
- Build out REST API endpoints.
- Increase test coverage via unit tests and integration tests.
- Actively participate in daily PR reviews in GitHub.
- Participate in Scrum sprint ceremonies.
- Provide maintenance by troubleshooting and supporting microservices.
- 3+ years experience in Java, Kotlin or Scala. Willingness to learn and work in Scala.
- Experience of using databases like MongoDB, Postgres, etc.
- Understanding of Functional Programming and microservices architecture.
- Experience building REST APIs.
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
- Strong track record of shipping products.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with collaborative team skills.
- Experience of working with Play framework..
- Familiarity with AKKA.
- Familiarity with Cassandra.
- Experience with Kafka or Kinesis
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
Back to top