Product Design Manager
Product Design Manager
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
We are looking for a Product Design Manager to join our team to help lead our Program area.
Our Product Design team is a close-knit group of 30+ practitioners, focused on Product Design, Visual Design and Experience Research. The team is distributed between our offices in New York City and San Francisco.
We’re user-focused, believe deeply in user-centered design, and work in highly collaborative crews that include design-oriented engineers and user research minded product managers.
Our team is remarkably talented and growing fast, so this is an exciting time to join WW. The Health & Wellness space is growing exponentially and as a design leader here, your work will have an immediate meaningful impact on the lives of our members across the globe.
Our Program is the core of our member experience. The WW Program is designed to encourage behavior change and develop healthy habits around Food, Activity, and Mindset. The Program also uses game mechanics to reward members for making healthy choices. Everything we do in the Program is rooted in Science and is validated through member pilots and clinical trials.
You’ll lead a team of Product Designers who work to understand member behavior, motivations, and goals as it relates to their health and wellbeing. You’ll help the team apply these insights in delivering innovative designs and product experiences that contribute to high impact and high visibility initiatives. You’ll partner with product, engineering and design leadership to work on strategy as well as our process and execution.
Design and Management
- Your portfolio has some best-in-class work
- You know how to help your team understand how to gather product requirements, incorporate user research, frame the problem, focus on the user and articulate a clear design direction
- You believe in craftsmanship and inspire your team to create elegant and compelling designs
- You can guide your team to navigate between greenfield exploration and tactical, iterative designs
- You can analyze data, interviews, research and help your team translate insights into actionable layouts, prototypes, and final designs
- You can empower your team to lead and have ownership
- You are happiest when you celebrate and socialize your team’s accomplishments
- You know how to build a team and establish a team culture
- You own being accountable for the overall quality of your team’s work
- You know how to listen, motivate, guide, and inspire
- You’ve shipped multiple products
- You can share several shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, and what you’ve learned along the way
- You’ve shipped something across several platforms and you know what translates from desktop to mobile and what doesn’t, or why you’d opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android
- You know what details matter at each stage of a release cycle, and how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right
- You know how to manage process and product
- You develop strong relationships with product managers, developers, and other design leaders
- You substantially contribute to defining the ‘what’ as well as the ‘how’
- You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, articulating member problems
- You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from your team
- You understand analytics and can think and talk about the company’s bottom line
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks, and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Back to top