Product Design Manager
Product Design Manager
WW is a global wellness + technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encompass healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Design Manager to lead a team of designers on our Community & Coaching areas. The Community & Coaching team’s vision is to inspire, support, and guide WW members to reach their wellness goals. As a design leader, you’ll contribute to the product vision and set design strategy. As a manager, you’ll accelerate the growth of your team by identifying opportunities for them to develop.
- Manage and develop a team of Product Designers (set goals, manage project loads, mentor & coach)
- Recruit new designers & lead hiring efforts for your team
- Collaborate with product & engineering leadership to define product objectives
- Collaborate cross-functionally with science & brand partners
About the team
Our Product Design team is a close-knit group of 30+ practitioners, focused on Product Design, Visual Design and Experience Research. The Product Design team is distributed between our offices in New York City and San Francisco
We’re user-focused, believe deeply in user-centered design, and work in highly collaborative crews that include design-oriented engineers and user research-minded product managers.
Our team is remarkably talented and growing fast, so this is an exciting time to join WW. The Health & Wellness space is growing exponentially and as a design leader here, your contribution will have an immediate meaningful impact on the lives of our members across the globe.
- 5+ years experience as an interaction designer
- 2+ years experience managing or leading design teams
- A portfolio showcasing best-in-class work from your team
- Experience setting product strategy, creating end-to-end designs
- Experience partnering with and establishing relationships across a business
- You empower your team to lead and have ownership
- You are happiest when you celebrate and socialize your team’s accomplishments
- You know how to build a team and establish a positive, inclusive culture
- You know how to listen, motivate, & guide
- You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from your team
- You understand analytics and can talk about the business needs & bottom line
- You can share several shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, and what you’ve learned along the way
- You develop strong relationships with product managers, developers, and other design leaders
- You believe in craftsmanship and inspire your team to create elegant and compelling designs
- You substantially contribute to defining the ‘why’ as well as the ‘how’
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks, and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of WW's Employees
GailChief Brand Officer
Gail makes sure that the WW brand and the company’s customers are at the center of every choice the organization makes.
Back to top