Multicultural Program Manager - Science
- New York, NY
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives, with a strong focus on appealing to and engaging diverse populations and creating an inclusive program. We are a global wellness technology and weight management company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
As WW is a company rooted in science, the Science team’s purpose is to co-create member experiences and products and to define and empower healthy habits for real life. During an exciting time of evolution, you will be joining a dynamic, global team of strategic-thinking experts in the clinical research, nutrition and behavior change fields. You’ll partner with the scientific community, have autonomy and hands-on ownership of meaningful projects, and have support and collaboration across the WW Science team. You’ll focus on the consideration of diversity and inclusion in all of the work that we do, ensuring our program is for everyone.
WW believes that healthy living is a human right, and we aspire to make wellness accessible to all-- not just the few. The Science team works cross-functionally to help democratize wellness and ensure our program is relevant for diverse cultures and populations. We develop new program innovations, enhance our digital and in-person experiences, train our field staff, partner with universities on clinical research and collaborate with member data analytics, develop engaging content, conduct user research, and communicate externally about our program. We partner with our members, colleagues, and external advisors to discover and translate science so it is accessible and actionable to our members, no matter
the context they are living our program in - while ensuring all WW solutions are rooted in science. Your opportunity to impact the lives of millions awaits.
The WW program is accessed by millions of people around the globe each week, in workshops, through the digital app, and on the website. The WW Science program team focuses on ensuring that no matter how or where a member chooses to engage with WW, and no matter who the member is, they are getting the best of our proven wellness and weight management program.
The Science program team works cross-functionally on:
- Program Consistency: Ensuring consistent articulation and dissemination of the WW program across platforms and countries.
- Program Innovation: Co-creating adult and youth program innovations, based on the latest research, grounded in best practices for behavior change, and within the existing WW context
- Program Foundation: Infusing an overall science and behavior change perspective into every aspect of the adult and youth member experience.
- Program Relevance: This role will ensure that current and new programs represent, address and celebrate the experiences and contexts of members from all cultures and backgrounds, meeting them where they are, and helping them get to where they want to go.
You will take the lead to ensure that our program considers the diverse cultures and contexts of our members, making recommendations that recognize and address significant barriers or facilitators to behavior change, and ultimately valuing culturally-inclusive recommendations to drive engagement and outcomes.
You’ll have a strong understanding of behavioral weight management (or related field in health behavior change), and key components and principles. You enjoy the challenge of translating complex scientific
concepts findings into lay language, and can communicate weight management and behavior change principles clearly and succinctly, shaping the message for the audience and context. You have an
appreciation and understanding that many factors inform and influence the individuals needs for a world class weight management and wellness program including (but not limited to); physiology, race, ethnicity,
cultural and societal influences.
Your scientific training, hands-on experience, and content knowledge of behavioral weight management in diverse populations, along with continual engagement with the scientific field and literature, and excellent writing skills, lets you distill findings into practical, actionable recommendations that meaningfully improve the member experience and strengthen the effectiveness and applicability of the program to everyone. You thrive working in teams and aren’t afraid to speak up. You are excited to do the work it takes to scale evidence-based interventions to millions of people.
This position will report to the Global Director of Program, Science.
- Be the internal subject matter expert on all things WW program diversity and inclusion. Support cross-functional teams by developing global principles to ensure the WW program meets the needs of members from diverse backgrounds and cultures by:
- Reviewing and consolidating the scientific literature on considerations to ensure that the WW program is attuned to diverse contexts, developing our cultural competency to provide inclusive solutions
- Reviewing and consolidating current insights, and working collaboratively to understand insight work where required. Understanding barriers and facilitators for members of different cultural and societal backgrounds to reach their goals
- Developing best practices for considering personal context into the weight and wellness journey
- Developing a clear and concise single source of truth for WW program diversity principles, ensuring that diverse populations are considered and represented in our program, materials, language, and studies
- In collaboration with the Global Director of Program, be the internal subject matter expert on all things WW program. Support cross-functional teams by providing consult and documentation of:
- WW program fundamentals, outlining the principles and components, explaining the scientific and behavior change rationale, and describing the member experience and messaging
- Practical, actionable and proven ideas for behavior change in food, activity, sleep, mindset, and other areas of wellness, leveraging and translating the scientific literature
- Work closely with internal WW teams, including Product, Content, Marketing, Learning & Development, Food Data, Insights, Research, and Public Relations as they take the diversity principles and program fundamentals you have outlined and shape them into creative materials, experiences, and research with and for a variety of audiences
- Content knowledge and expertise in the impact of personal and cultural context on the weight management and/or wellness journey, direct experience working with diverse participant populations helpful
- Fluent in the language of science and well versed in scientific ideas & comfortable in the scientific literature, with the ability to work with experts in various scientific fields: weight management, physical activity, positive psychology, sleep, nutrition
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills with the ability to successfully work cross-functionally
- Intellectually curious and open to innovation, with the ability to be objective and challenge ideas when necessary to ensure that the focus remains on the scientific foundation in which the brand is built.
- Project management skills and the ability to own a project from start to finish, and maintain/update it as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to translate science into accessible language and concepts, effectively provide feedback, and a demonstrated ability to create accurate, detailed, concise materials for a variety of audiences
- Advanced degree in psychology, public health or a similar field
- 5-7 years relevant work experience in either a content or science position
Back to top