Manager, Quality Engineering
As a Manager of Quality Engineering, you will manage a team of full-time and consultant Engineers and be responsible for representing all functional and non-functional quality initiatives in a modern software development tech organization.
- Exhibit expertise of software development practices that inform successful agile process
- Demonstrate extensive understanding of automation development cycle and how it fits into an iteration
- Design and implement test automation strategy for multiple product development teams
- Cultivate an Onsite-Offshore experience by managing a number onsite and offshore engineers
- Develop and standardize QA Processes for projects to align with overall QA goals
- Lead and train a dynamically changing team of testing resources
- Provide practical creative input to the software design and specification process
- Exhibit expertise in handling large scale programs/projects that involve multiple stakeholders (like Business, Dev, Ops, Product, UX)
- Maintain a leading-edge understanding of QA as related to interactive technologies best practices
- Incorporate best practices around test reporting, CI/CD, test maintenance
- Manage vendor relationships
- Contribute to process improvement by socializing and motivating the adoption of processes across multiple product teams
- Understand and navigate the complexity of testing on multiple platforms for a large number of users
- Develop, execute, and interpret load, stress, and other automated performance test results
- Report on state of Quality to product teams and ability to manage up and set expectations
- Solid foundation of at least 1 object-oriented / functional / multi-paradigm language (3+ years)
- Web automation: Selenium - good knowledge - must have actively utilized for 2 or more years for web application testing. Knowledge of RSpec / Capybara is desirable.
- Mobile automation - must have experience writing automated ui tests for iOS using XCTest (Swift) or Android using Espresso (Java / Kotlin)
- API testing - must have understanding of RESTful design / best practices. Hands on experience testing APIs (RestAssured, Dredd) and test tools (Charles, Postman, Advanced Rest Client)
- Load / Performance testing - basic understanding of load / stress / performance testing and tools (Scala / Gatling)
- Expertise with Git/GitHub required. Experience using GitFlow. Familiarity with incorporating CI tools such as Jenkins, Travis, and CircleCI required.
- Usage of Jira (or other similar issue/bug tracking systems) is required.
- Bachelors in Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background
- Innate curiosity to imaginatively think through scenarios that affect end users, brainstorm and discuss with team members, document the scenarios and, devise testing strategies (with a bias towards automation) to cover the risks
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills and associated problem-solving skills is required
- Excellent communicator, comfortable presenting and defending the QA perspective to other team members. Ability to precisely respond and react in high-stress situations
- Strong interpersonal skills - will work in close-knit, small Agile teams. Must bring a "support the team" attitude, while balancing against defending high quality experiences for the end-user
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, Agile, continuous delivery environment
- Ability to work autonomously
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well-being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of WW's Employees
GailChief Brand Officer
Gail makes sure that the WW brand and the company’s customers are at the center of every choice the organization makes.
Back to top