Front End Engineer
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
We are seeking senior level front end engineers to join the WW Guest Experience team. Our team is responsible for delivering software solutions to support our guest web experience for WW globally. You will participate in the full Agile development cycle, from working with designers and product managers to determine requirements and creating tickets in Jira, to developing features and fixing defects, writing unit tests and delivering builds. You will also learn from our talented team of software engineers and share your knowledge to make us better too.
We all care passionately about the experience we create for guests looking into WW, creating new and exciting front end experiences with a keen eye on page speed and innovation. Our new decoupled CMS system is utilizing exciting new technologies such as React, GraphQL, Stortybook and Drupal 8 to deliver our content to the guest site and other applications at WW. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Weight Watchers, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight our users.
Projects You Will Work On
- You will be focused on the React front end of our application CMS built in Node.js and driven by our GraphQL content APIs. The application utilizes Storybook as a UI & components library. You will also work closely with the GraphQL API tier part of our team to extend, optimize and create new endpoints to build new front end experiences.
- Program daily in Node.js, React, Apollo Client, Storybook, Hapi and others.
- Care passionately about page speed and end user experience.
- Build out new features and iterate on existing features.
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability and performant applications .
- Help define architectures and design patterns.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Answer technical inquiries on code base and product.
- Lead the way with writing programmatic unit tests.
- Real world web and service development experience.
- Experience with de-coupled multi tiered CMS systems, preferably open source CMS solutions such as Drupal and Wordpress.
- Experience with modern frameworks such as React, Node.js, Api.
- Experience with HTML & CSS frameworks such as bootstrap.
- Experience with UI / component libraries like Storybook and skilled at concepts like atomic design.
- Experience with web services API integration (GraphQL, Rest, JSON, XML).
- Understanding of general user experience and UI design principles.
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
- Relational and/or NoSQL database experience such as MySQL, Postgres, Mongodb or Cassandra.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Strong track record of shipping products.
- Experience with Docker and Amazon Web Services a plus.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in mentoring and leading other Engineers.
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of WW's Employees
GailChief Brand Officer
Gail makes sure that the WW brand and the company’s customers are at the center of every choice the organization makes.
Back to top