Director, Community Engagement
- New York, NY
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness and weight loss technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
You: Are addicted to social media. Believe in the power of the pack. Remain calm in case of emergency. Have an eye for trends, a mind for analysis, and a heart for WW. Want to meaningfully change the health trajectory of our country.
The Job: Lead the cross-channel social engagement experience for WW members and followers. Build a bridge between Marketing and Customer Care. Oversee the team that engages with our fans on Facebook, Instagram, and our private members-only platform. Identify the trends that matter most to our community and infuse them in our strategy. Help build the future roadmap of community at WW.
The Team: Cross-trained loyalty marketers with a passion for building brands. Strong collaborators with laser-like focus on elevating our member experience each day. Senior talent experience on billion dollar global brands.
- Lead the cross-channel social engagement experience for WW members and followers, including proactive and reactive outreach.
- Build a bridge between Marketing and Customer Care, ensuring clear flow of information with strong feedback loop to help improve member and follower experience as well as impact of marketing efforts.
- Author & cascade playbook for consumer engagement in social to help build brand affinity.
- Oversee team (3-5 ppl) who executes day-to-day in the US, with a global mindset for sharing best practices.
- Develop and scale ambassador community within private members-only social network to help build awareness of member benefits and new program features.
- Partner with Customer Care team on addressing shared queue of member concerns.
- Partner with Corporate Communications on emergency response protocol.
- Partner with Product Team on developing and rolling out new members-only social network features.
- Manage social listening practice to identify trending topics, issues, insights that drive the business and contribute to either recruitment or retention.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 10 years of community management and/or corporate communications experience is preferred
- 5+ years of people management is preferred
- Comfort operating in a matrixed-environment
- Tactical experience in social listening & publishing platforms such as Sprinklr, Crimson Hexagon, Sprout, or NetBase required
- Tactical experience with native social platform insights & analytics tools (ie Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics) required
- Exceptional decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Proven cross-functional leader and strategic thinker
- Agile mindset to continually improve and stay ahead of industry and cultural trends in order to bolster the WW community agenda
- Must provide examples of developing and executing on social media strategies to grow communities and deliver superior service
- Ability to foster trust and respect of colleagues to influence decision-making and ensure recommendations are implemented
- Must be passionate about working in the health and wellness category; prior experience is a plus
- Experience with SOCAP or other industry organization preferred
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Back to top