Software Engineer, Front End
- New York, NY
As a Front-End Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation, design, development, and technical quality of the product. Within this position you will be taking a leadership role within the engineering team acting as both a coach & mentor to various junior engineers. Along with that you will be implementing coding best practices as well as leading our front-end development efforts.
- Work closely with the Product and Product design teams in order to understand the technical challenges of features, as well as determine the feasibility and viability of features sets and requests
- Act as an authoritative figure in our client side design and architectural decisions within our systems
- Mentor & coach junior engineers in order to become proficient high-performance engineers
- Enforce strong coding best practices, guidelines, and standards throughout the teams
- Lead development effort and adoption of testing and automation
- Work closely with internal and external API's and backend engineers to establish best practices for models and contracts
- 3+ years developing web based applications
- Proven understanding of computer science fundamentals including SOA, cloud-computing, TDD, and domain driven design
- Understanding of task runners or build frameworks
- Full understanding of the DOM and intricacies of client side performance and browser compatibilities
- Experience building API's and web services
- Can communicate and translate business needs into technology to internal and external stakeholders
- Can solve difficult problems without compromising the larger business and technical goals
Wunderkind is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
JOIN US ON OUR MISSION
Wunderkind (formerly BounceX) is a leading performance marketing engine that delivers tailored experiences at scale. Digital businesses use Wunderkind to remember who users are better than ever before, allowing them to deliver high-performing, one-to-one messages on websites, through emails and texts, and in ads at a scale that’s not otherwise possible. Wunderkind recently acquired SmarterHQ so marketers can now unlock more revenue than ever before across SMS and email.
Wunderkind drives $1.2 billion dollars annually in directly attributable revenue for top eCommerce brands like Uniqlo, Sonos and HelloFresh, often ranking as a top-3 revenue channel in their own analytics. Wunderkind is maniacally obsessed with ROI and aims to be the infrastructural interface between individuals and brands in a world where consumers choose what they want, from whom, and when.
Having raised over $44.9 million in funding from proven firms like Battery Ventures, Cross Creek Advisors and Primary Ventures, Wunderkind was named the Fastest Growing Software Company in America by Inc Magazine. With headquarters in New York and London, Wunderkind has been recognized by Glassdoor and Crain's for its exceptional culture and being one of the top places to work in the country. The company recently signed both the White House Equal Pay Pledge and the United Nations Women's Empowerment Pledge and continues to set the bar as a pioneer in technology innovation and workplace inclusion initiatives.
What bonds our community together is our commitment to 5 Core Values:
- Come Hungry
- Carry Each Other
- Drive Undeniable Performance
- Respect People, Privacy, Ideas
- Bounce Back
Come join us on our mission.
Back to top