Wunderkind (formerly BounceX) is hiring a Director with strong experience in partnerships, business development, and relationship management who can navigate through the Private Equity and Venture Capital industries to source and manage deals. In this business development role, you’ll be at the forefront of expanding Wunderkind’s influence to drive awareness and acquisition. You will develop and scale the overall VC/PE strategy and play a critical role in establishing partnership agreements.
- Be an absolute master of the VC/PE channel with a track record of closing meaningful, quantifiable partnerships
- Develop and cultivate relationships with senior members of top VC/PE firms to drive adoption of Wunderkind products in their portfolio
- Build credibility through executive-level presence and deep expertise in challenges and opportunities facing VC/PE investments in e-commerce
- Work with internal stakeholders on the New and Existing Business teams to drive customer acquisition and retention through leveraging the VC/PE channel
- Identify PE firms who own multiple e-commerce companies or have involvement in the MarTech space
- Candidate will have a quota based on closed sourced and influenced sales pipeline
- Detail business requirements, build proposals, and collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure clear and realistic deliverables
- Take a data-driven approach to decision making; provide proof for your proposals and suggestions
- 4-6 years direct experience working at a PE firm or business development or software sales for technology start up
- Ability to speak the VC/PE language
- Must be a self-starter; this is not a position where you will be hand-held
- Must be able to come in and make an immediate impact
- Experience developing high-impact mutually beneficial partnerships, ideally with a background in business development/sales
- Able to communicate effectively and persuasively with investment professionals, management, staff, constituents, etc.
- Ability to understand software from a product perspective so you can explain complex technical concepts
- MBA preferred but not required, or experience in the PE industry
Wunderkind is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
JOIN US ON OUR MISSION
Wunderkind (formerly BounceX) is a leading performance marketing engine that delivers tailored experiences at scale. Digital businesses use Wunderkind to remember who users are better than ever before, allowing them to deliver high-performing, one-to-one messages on websites, through emails and texts, and in ads at a scale that’s not otherwise possible. Wunderkind drives $1.2 billion dollars annually in directly attributable revenue for top eCommerce brands like Uniqlo, Sonos and HelloFresh, often ranking as a top-3 revenue channel in their own analytics. Wunderkind is maniacally obsessed with ROI and aims to be the infrastructural interface between individuals and brands in a world where consumers choose what they want, from whom, and when.
Having raised over $44.9 million in funding from proven firms like Battery Ventures, Cross Creek Advisors and Primary Ventures, Wunderkind was named the Fastest Growing Software Company in America by Inc Magazine. With headquarters in New York and London, Wunderkind has been recognized by Glassdoor and Crain's for its exceptional culture and being one of the top places to work in the country. The company recently signed both the White House Equal Pay Pledge and the United Nations Women's Empowerment Pledge and continues to set the bar as a pioneer in technology innovation and workplace inclusion initiatives.
What bonds our community together is our commitment to 5 Core Values:
- Come Hungry
- Carry Each Other
- Drive Undeniable Performance
- Respect People, Privacy, Ideas
- Bounce Back
Come join us on our mission.