Senior Human Resources Generalist
New locations. New business ventures. New career opportunities. Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
The firm’s Human Resources team is looking for a Senior Human Resources Generalist to join the team. This individual will work as a project manager on programs and policies that build stronger local and firm-wide employee relations, and will also handle critical employee relations issues. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is critical for success in the position.
This position requires an individual who has significant employee relations experience, deep subject matter knowledge, and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
To be successful, the person filling this position will
- Be a team player with strong written and oral communication skills; an excellent public speaker
- Have strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, in order to establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines
- Be able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- Be a highly analytical thinker and problem solver
- Be highly attentive to detail and extremely organized
- Act with a sense of urgency, bias for action, fast pace, and desire to thrive in a complex and challenging organization
- Exhibit strong judgment and sound decision-making
- Have strong project and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects to closure
- Be a confident and innovative thinker who isn’t satisfied with “checking the box” or just pulling out “what we did at my last job”
- At least five years experience in a human resources generalist role and at least 3 years of employee relations experience is highly preferred
- Experience in a legal or other professional services firm
- Bachelor’s degree required; specialized training in employee relations a significant plus
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws
- Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Meet Some of WSGR's Employees
Cecilia manages staff hiring for WSGR’s global offices, a role that entails filling a variety of positions, from the Chief Financial Officer to the Telecommunications Department staff.
Back to top