Patent Practice Group Assistant
New locations. New business ventures. New career opportunities. Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
The Patent and Innovation Strategies group is currently looking for a Patent Practice Group Assistant (Patent Secretary). The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience with U.S. patent prosecution. The responsibilities of this candidate include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate with clients, examiners, and/or other parties regarding status of applications or other related matters
- Complete projects or tasks requested by assigned Attorneys, Patent Agents, and/or Scientific Advisors
- Familiar with CPI, PatentIn, and United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Patent Application Information Retrieval system
- Maintain electronic patent files
- Prepare applications and accompanying documents for electronic or paper filing at United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Prepare and process formal documents for U.S. patent applications
- Prepare formal figures for applications
- Prepare various items for electronic or paper filing at United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Provide administrative support to assigned Attorneys, Patent Agents, and/or Scientific Advisors as well as general administrative support to Boston patent practice
- Retrieve, review, and analyze information from public databases
- Retrieve, review, and analyze information from United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Patent Application Information Retrieval system
- Review correspondences received from United States Patent and Trademark Office and prepare reporting letters to clients
- Understand procedures and rules at United States Patent and Trademark Office
The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, efficient, flexible, results-oriented, and a self-starter. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, and strong organizational skills. Experience with biotechnology, chemistry or pharmaceutical applications and related matters, highly preferred. Also, the ideal candidate possesses the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced team environment. Occasional overtime work may be necessary.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer multiple challenges, a wide variety of resources, varied opportunities for growth, and a comprehensive training program.
Meet Some of WSGR's Employees
Cecilia manages staff hiring for WSGR’s global offices, a role that entails filling a variety of positions, from the Chief Financial Officer to the Telecommunications Department staff.
Back to top