New locations. New business ventures. New career opportunities. Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati's preeminent Emerging Companies Practice (ECP) is seeking a Marketing Manager for an exciting role that will have responsibility for leading programs that raise the practice's visibility and ultimately grow the client base and foster relationships throughout the venture capital ecosystem. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have deep knowledge of the entire venture capital ecosystem, and have the ability to work independently to create opportunities and programs for attorneys in the ECP. Strong connections within the venture community are a plus. The role will work very closely with the ECP's leaders and report to the Director of Business Development.
- Work closely with the ECP practice leaders to develop internal and external marketing plans for the practice
- Implement tactics and programs that raise ECP's internal/external visibility through events, sponsorships, public relations, and all online and social media platforms
- Direct the development of printed and online marketing collateral
- Build and maintain relationships with key organizations and vendors to maximize engagement and client development efforts
- Develop regular internal communications highlighting the practice and key deals and trends in the marketplace
- Partner with all the functional groups in the Marketing Department and other administrative groups to plan and execute ECP's key initiatives
- College degree required
- Experience with venture capital industry/startups strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years marketing experience required
- Keen ability to "connect dots"- draw conclusions, assess implications and make recommendations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, persuasion and motivation skills are critical to success as are collegial, collaborative, team player attributes
- Must be a self-starter who thrives on juggling numerous high visibility projects all on tight deadlines and absolutely unflappable under significant pressures
- Position is a mix of strategic planning and tactical execution on many of the initiatives
- Advanced understanding of and demonstrable experience with social media and online marketing and analytics
- Ability to travel and attend key events with some frequency
- Position is based in Palo Alto
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of WSGR's Employees
Cecilia D.Recruiting Manager
Cecilia manages staff hiring for WSGR’s global offices, a role that entails filling a variety of positions, from the Chief Financial Officer to the Telecommunications Department staff.
Back to top