Finance Project Manager
- Austin, TX
New locations. New business ventures. New career opportunities. Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
WSGR needs a Project Manager in the Finance Department to assist with improving internal processes and supporting the refinement of a new service model. The Project Manager will help the development of core revenue department workflows related to opening matters, capturing master data, supporting ebilling accruals and timekeeper approvals, and other support workflows within the overall revenue cycle. The Project Manager will help the Finance Department's Account Managers and Operational Support team provide excellent client service, and improve the efficiency of the department's operations and support the provision of partner and client services at a high standard.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring disciplined and effective processes and workflows related for Firm's revenue operations, including: new client and matter intake; review and capture of engagement terms and outside counsel requirements; ongoing review and maintenance of core inventory tracking for reporting; supporting WIP and AR management; operationalizing financial controls; streamlining billing, ebilling and collections processes; reducing complexity and timeframes of department's processes; developing a seamless operating environment built on the department's service model.
- Implement a comprehensive management plan for the overall workflow development project and hold regular stakeholder meetings to keep all interested parties updated in project progress.
- Support and lead communications among project team participants, as well as lead communications with broader internal and external stakeholders in the Finance Department, other admin departments and attorneys, as applicable.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements and uncovering areas for improvement.
- Determine and document user requirements for business processes and abide by those requirements for future projects.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Assume responsibility for project tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Tracking any developments or situations that pose potential problems, or have already resulted in obstacles that need to be resolved.
- Maintain project task list, ensuring new items are added when necessary, and existing items are updated to note completion status.
- Monitoring and, if necessary, adjusting task and milestone completion timelines.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce insightful reports.
- Understand and leverage Revenue team's structure with respect to service providers (Account Managers), functional managers (WIP and AR management) and support roles (Legal Operations), and varying service models (Corporate, Regulatory and Tech Transactions model vs. Litigation and Patent model).
- 5+ years' experience as an PM professional with significant finance operations experience, preferably in a large law firm.
- 3+ years' experience in a business analyst or project management role.
- Experience with approaches such as Lean or Six Sigma preferred.
- Ability to work quickly and decisively, switching from PM tasks to internal communications roles.
- Highly organized with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Comfortable in team or autonomous work situations.
- Exceptional leadership, relationship, problem-solving, organization, and planning skills, with a proactive and logical approach to challenges.
- Strong service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PPT, and SharePoint (intranet), as well as project management tools such as SmartSheet and Asana preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- PMI certification or related project management course work required strongly preferred.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top