Enterprise Application Engineer
New locations. New business ventures. New career opportunities. Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Enterprise Application Engineer, under the direction of the Director of Applications, will help implement and tailor solutions which execute the technology strategy, business vision and technology roadmaps for the firm. This role will design and support building key components of our applications, as well as supporting commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software. This individual will work within the engineering team by actively participating in projects by implementing vendor supported software and coding new solutions as needed. The role will also be expected to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Support the design, engineering, and continuous development of various cloud environments
- Research and recommend replacements for outdated technologies
- Create and develop automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Be able to take delivery of code/platforms from 3rd parties and support these solutions
- Understand and apply appropriate technologies to achieve solutions
- Be able to triage technical issues and work with vendors and other engineers to problem solve
- Provide hands on coding and implementation, continuously improve products & processes
- Plan tasks and hold code and design reviews for their solutions
- Evaluate dated technologies and recommend secure replacements that reduce cost of ownership
- Develop custom solutions as needed
- Understand DBA principles
The Enterprise Application Engineer will not be responsible for supervision of employees.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- Available for 24/7 support when critical issues arise
- Strong experience with SQL, SSRS, VB scripting, and data manipulation and system integration
- Custom development experience with HTML 5, Ruby on Rails, java, Kendo UI, JQuery, CSS/Bootstrap
- Five years of experience in the design and integration of internal and third-party applications
- Experience with cloud-based applications such as Workday, Salesforce, Azure, O365 and NetDocuments desirable
- Strong service-orientation skills including excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
The Enterprise Application Engineer reports directly to the Director, IT Applications.
The Enterprise Application Engineer will maintain office hours totaling at least 8 hours each day, Monday through Friday, although he/she will be expected to work additional hours as required. Flexibility with working hours may also be required.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of WSGR's Employees
Cecilia D.Recruiting Manager
Cecilia manages staff hiring for WSGR’s global offices, a role that entails filling a variety of positions, from the Chief Financial Officer to the Telecommunications Department staff.
Back to top