Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent innovative companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,000 attorneys in 16 offices: 11 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The Enterprise Application Engineer, under the direction of the Director of Applications, will help implement and tailor solutions which execute the technology strategy, business vision and technology roadmaps for the firm. This role will design and support building key components of our applications, as well as supporting commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software. This individual will work within the engineering team by actively participating in projects by implementing vendor supported software and coding new solutions as needed. The role will also be expected to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Support the design, engineering, and continuous development of various cloud environments
- Research and recommend replacements for outdated technologies
- Create and develop automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Be able to take delivery of code/platforms from 3rd parties and support these solutions
- Understand and apply appropriate technologies to achieve solutions
- Be able to triage technical issues and work with vendors and other engineers to problem solve
- Provide hands on coding and implementation, continuously improve products & processes
- Plan tasks and hold code and design reviews for their solutions
- Evaluate dated technologies and recommend secure replacements that reduce cost of ownership
- Develop custom solutions as needed
- Understand DBA principles
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- Available for 24/7 support when critical issues arise
- Strong experience with SQL, SSRS, VB scripting, and data manipulation and system integration
- Custom development experience with HTML 5, Ruby on Rails, java, Kendo UI, JQuery, CSS/Bootstrap
- Five years of experience in the design and integration of internal and third-party applications
- Experience with cloud-based applications such as SharePoint online, Workday, Salesforce, Azure, O365, ServiceNow and NetDocuments desirable
- Strong service-orientation skills including excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wilson Sonsini is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offer of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.