Emerging Companies Practice Group Director
- Palo Alto, CA
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 950 attorneys in 16 offices: 11 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
This role will partner with the Emerging Companies Practice Group leaders, helping them develop and drive strategy, practice group leadership, business development, and client service. This position will report administratively to the Corporate Chief Practice Officer.
- Perform research and analysis to support the development of the group's business strategy
- Work closely with the Emerging Companies Practice Group leaders, practice group attorneys and other firm leaders on implementing the group's business strategy
- Work with practice group attorneys to execute practice development initiatives
- Coordinate with practice group leaders to facilitate regular practice group meetings, events, and internal communications
- Work with Marketing, Business Development and Communications teams to prepare internal marketing, and client-facing materials, and to coordinate external events
- Work with Finance on pricing and billing structures, financial analyses and financial management
- Other practice group management responsibilities as assigned by the practice group leaders
Qualifications, Preferred Background, and Professional Skills
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in a management consulting, investment banking, or in another role requiring project management, execution, research, analysis, and reporting
- Experience in a venture capital firm, venture industry or venture companies are a plus
- Familiarity with financial metrics and managing a business unit's P&L
- Experience or familiarity with digital transformation
- Experience developing and utilizing project management and workflow tools
- Ability to think strategically and analytically; quantitative skills are strongly preferred
- Strong leadership, relationship, problem-solving, organization, and planning skills
- Creativity in developing solutions given practical constraints
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, dynamic, and collaborative work environment
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Law firm experience not required
- Great work ethic
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top