New locations. New business ventures. New career opportunities. Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
The firm is seeking an experienced collections representative to join our growing client accounting team. This position will be assigned an account portfolio and will interface extensively with our clients and attorneys. To qualify you must have a minimum of 2 years of collections experience in a high-volume, automated, professional services environment. Highly experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
You are skilled in discussing and negotiating alternative payment arrangements with our clients and are proficient in effective problem-solving and account reconciliation. You are customer focused and possess excellent oral and written communications skills as well as strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Contact all clients with outstanding balances in assigned account portfolio.
- Interface with the billing attorneys as needed to assist in resolving client disputes and facilitating payment.
- Prepare for and participate in Finance Management discussions with your assigned attorneys
- Maintain clear and current documentation of all client and attorney communications
- Understand and utilize the full functionality of our collections application and other finance software
- Negotiate special payment arrangements and timely follow-up according to established schedule in line with the Financial Policies of the Firm.
- Provide clear instructions to the AR staff to ensure the accurate posting of cash to clients' accounts
- Understand the billing and cash application processes and interface with each team as needed.
- Contribute to the efforts to improve the overall performance and service level of the revenue team.
- Special projects as required.
- Minimum of 2 years prior collection experience in high volume/dollar, automated, professional environment. Law firm experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and negotiations skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be client service focused
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with Aderant or other legal finance software a plus
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top