New locations. New business ventures. New career opportunities. Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
The firm is seeking a Billing Representative to join our growing Client Accounting team in Palo Alto. The primary function of the Billing Representative is to prepare and edit prebills and generate client invoices for assigned attorneys.
- Coordinate and maintain billing portfolios for assigned Billing Attorneys.
- Review time entries to ensure proper matter coding, billing rates and compliance with attorney/client/e-billing guidelines.
- Follow up with attorneys and/or secretaries to ensure timely return of prebills.
- Process all prebill revisions, including edit, transfer and write-off of time, and ensure timely and accurate preparation of client invoices.
- Application of internal policies and procedures related to billing adjustments and other special billing requirements.
- Distribute invoices to clients via mail, email or e-billing, as required.
- Monthly review and follow-up on WIP aging to ensure that matters on hold are clearly noted and are billed as soon as possible once completed.
- Monthly review of Unapplied and Retainer accounts and timely application of same to client invoices.
- Maintain record of special billing instructions for attorneys and clients.
- Respond to attorney and client billing requests and inquiries.
- Special projects as required.
- Billing or accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Law Firm experience and proficiency in Aderant or other legal billing software is a plus
- Understanding of electronic billing a plus.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes and to make effective decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and other information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to organize time, prioritize workload effectively, and work independently.
- Team player.
- Customer service focused.
Meet Some of WSGR's Employees
Cecilia manages staff hiring for WSGR’s global offices, a role that entails filling a variety of positions, from the Chief Financial Officer to the Telecommunications Department staff.
Back to top