Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent innovative companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,000 attorneys in 16 offices: 11 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The firm is seeking a dynamic and emotionally intelligent Attorney Career Development Manager to join our growing career development team. This position will support our Corporate Department and can be located in our Palo Alto, San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, San Diego, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC, or New York offices (but remotely for now). This position is ideal for someone interested in helping attorneys grow and develop successful and rewarding careers.
This full-time, exempt position reports to the head of the career development team. We are looking for someone who will thrive in this highly interactive role and who is flexible, creative, and collaborative. The attorneys we work with are friendly and hard-working, and they depend on us to support them in their work for their clients.
This role will work with a wide range of groups and attorneys, as well as collaborate with teams in the professional development and attorney recruiting groups on diversity and inclusion efforts, training and development initiatives, and recruiting matters.
- Meet individually with associates regularly to become a trusted advisor on their career development and goals
- Provide associates with support and coaching on career-related matters
- Collaborate with HR, attorney recruiting, and professional development on attorney integration and retention programs
- Collaborate with partners on staffing to meet client needs and attorney development goals
- Analyze work assignment data to ensure equitable access to and distribution of client opportunities
- Collaborate with the practice group leaders and attorney recruiting on the firm's strategic hiring goals
- Prepare reports on attorney productivity, engagement, and other matters
- Collaborate with the career development committee and HR on the associate review process to ensure the delivery of useful and meaningful performance evaluations
- Research and make recommendations on technology tools to assist with associate work allocation and utilization
- Collaborate with professional development on training programs and initiatives to support attorney development
- Other projects as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years in a law or other professional services firm is preferred
- Experience in staffing or coaching professionals is a plus
- Bachelor's degree is required; JD or graduate degree is a plus
- Motivated self-starter with a strong interest in attorney development and career coaching
- Strong client service orientation with ability to influence and guide others
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends, as needed) in a fast-paced, environment
- Excellent judgment and discretion with respect to confidential and sensitive information
- Highly organized and can work independently to drive projects to completion
- Tech savvy with solid Excel skills (beyond information tracking), or the ability to quickly learn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wilson Sonsini is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offer of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.