Account Manager (Finance)
New locations. New business ventures. New career opportunities. Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a firm that focuses on skill development and departmental collaboration. The firm is seeking an experienced account manager to join our growing client accounting team. This position will be responsible for managing the Patent and Innovation portfolio and will interface extensively with our clients, our partnership and firm senior management. Highly experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Manage revenue portfolio for Patent and Innovation Department, ensuring current work-in-progress (WIP) & accounts receivable (AR), prompt monthly billing and collections of accounts, and management of client escalations and exceptions
- Manage key clients in Patent WIP & AR portfolio
- Supervise Patent Billing and Collections team
- Maintain hands-on knowledge of functions relating to billing, ebilling, collections, accruals/budgeting, and client service and attorney team engagement
- In conjunction with Patent Department Head identify process improvements and efficiencies to functions of the billing and collections team
- Research, identify and take necessary steps to resolve obstacles to prompt, high quality billing that is compliant with client billing guidelines, and to reduce the length of revenue cycle for target accounts
- Negotiate special payment arrangements for Patent clients and timely follow-up according to established schedule in line with the Financial Policies of the Firm
- Work closely with Patent Department head to provide analysis, insight, and advice regarding client service, and financial performance in terms of client revenue and realization
- Contribute to the efforts to improve the overall performance and service level of the revenue team
- Analyze Patent retainer account to identify proper application of funds
- Prepare for and participate in Finance Management discussions regarding billing and collections for Patent Department
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in high volume/dollar, automated, law firm or professional services finance role, including billing or collections
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong analytical and negotiations skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be client service focused
- Experience with Aderant or other legal finance software preferred
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of WSGR's Employees
Cecilia D.Recruiting Manager
Cecilia manages staff hiring for WSGR’s global offices, a role that entails filling a variety of positions, from the Chief Financial Officer to the Telecommunications Department staff.
Back to top