Warrior Support Coordinator
- Jacksonville, FL
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the things people look for in a job.
But if you're the kind of person who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind of person we're looking for.
Change the life of someone who served their country, and join an organization that not only supports you, but empowers you to make that change a reality.
When you join the Wounded Warrior Project family, you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.
A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to get started, we're ready for you.
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Warrior Support Coordinator - Resource Center provides internal and external information, referral services, and outreach to wounded warriors and their family members through phone, email, chat, and in-person assistance to assist them with their long-term recovery and empowerment.
Note: The WWP Resource Center is a multi-channel contact center that serves and supports wounded warriors and their families.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Connect with warriors and their families who are in transition or have separated from military service by responding to them via multiple channels of communications, e.g., phone, email, chat, and in-person.
- Assess and triage the needs of warriors, caregivers, and family members.
- Coordinate alumni registration and verification process.
- Identify programs and services eligibility. Proactively communicate with warriors and family members to facilitate the registration process and answer eligibility questions. Utilize probing questions to identify specific needs and uncover new opportunities.
- Register warriors and family members.
- Provide program overviews to newly-registered warriors and family members for continuous support and engagement via inbound and outbound communications.
- Connect warriors, caregivers, and family members with WWP programs and services to assist them with their long-term recovery and empowerment.
- Identify and handle crisis situations, including suicide intervention and prevention.
- Follow up with internal teammates, warriors, caregivers, family members, and community resources as appropriate.
- Complete outbound calls to warriors with the intention of getting them engaged in WWP programs and services or to ensure they have no current specific needs.
- Utilize internal database to determine resources that are appropriate for the warriors and family support member's needs.
- Research historical information using WWP internal systems.
- Create, update, and maintain current and accurate data in WWP internal systems.
- Research and vet external organizations to enhance the information and referral database.
- Adhere to call and email quality established standards set by leadership.
- Establish effective working relationships and work collaboratively with WWP teammates.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Successful completion of four-week, intensive Resource Center training upon hire.
- Ability to work flexible hours (occasional evening hours). May require shift rotation to accommodate extended resource center hours.
- Demonstrated understanding of WWP programs and services offered to wounded warriors.
- Demonstrated proficiency using appropriate etiquette when responding to email, helpline email, and phone.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal probing techniques to obtain information.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and build effective working relationships. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Demonstrated understanding of military culture and veteran issues, the emotional impact of combat, and the challenges faced by wounded warriors.
- Strong computer skills. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Accurate data entry and typing proficiency and skills. Demonstrated ability to timely and accurately maintain data in SalesForce.
- Good organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effectively. Effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Two years of call center experience, or customer service experience in a retail, hospitality, or healthcare organization.
- Two years of experience using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Two years of administrative experience with a non-profit organization, preferably within a military family support services environment.
- Two years of experience handling crisis calls and escalation procedures.
- Two years of experience using a customer relationship management system, e.g., Salesforce.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate degree. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled
- Routinely uses standard office equipment, e.g., copiers, phones, computers, filing cabinets.
- Sitting for extended periods.
Wounded Warrior Project® is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or through other means."
Back to top