Soldier Ride Coordinator - Logistics - San Antonio, TX
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Soldier Ride Coordinator–Logistics facilitates the logistics for WWP Soldier Ride events, which are three-to-five full-day rides geared towards warriors of all abilities, and with adaptive and standard cycling equipment provided. The Solider Ride Coordinator assists the WWP Alumni team with outreach to wounded service members, including planning and executing Alumni engagement events and activities for an assigned local or regional area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Soldier Ride team to plan, organize, coordinate, and facilitate events, under management supervision.
- Serve as WWP subject matter expert on cycling routes, permits, medical support, and policy coordination.
- Schedule and maintain communications with EMT, police, and site owners.
- Assist to coordinate with local law enforcement.
- Coordinate with local city governments to attain permits needed for Soldier Ride events.
- Assist team members with hotel and ground transportation and event and ride set-up.
- Push cyclists using adaptive sports equipment.
- Assist to coordinate and monitor event timelines.
- Assist in developing route, start, finish, and water points.
- Coach warriors during group cycling events.
- Establish effective working relationships and work collaboratively with WWP teammates.
- Work with WWP Administration and Finance to ensure Certificates of Insurance are received in a timely manner and are in compliance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to coach warriors to help them achieve their goals.
- Ability to travel in support of WWP programs and services.
- Demonstrated ability to push cyclists using adaptive sports equipment through Soldier Rides.
- Good organizational and time management skills. Effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and build effective working relationships. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy. Demonstrated ability to build rapport with warriors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to travel between 25% - 50% of the time including overnight and weekend travel.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience planning or managing events or the logistics for events.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of group cycling experience, including coaching warriors and pushing cyclists using adaptive sports equipment.
- Two years of experience working with military or veteran populations.
- One year of experience planning bike routes.
Certifications & Licensure Requirements
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
Back to top