Social Media Specialist - Direct Response - Jacksonville, FL
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Social Media Specialist implements the communications plan for direct response social media fundraisers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the regular tentpole date paid social advertisements with the digital marketing agency. Coordinate the set-up and execution of all in-house all paid social advertisements, from creative-through-reporting, for organic and tentpole events.
- Collaborate create, and implement communications with fundraisers on Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Download, clean-up, and analyze organic Facebook daily revenue reports. Coordinate, review, and prepare quarterly organic fundraising reports, e.g., paid advertising performance, sign-ups, revenue.
- Collaborate to create and implement the plan to incentivize donors to provide full contact information (“premium” offer).
- Coordinate processes to include Facebook donors in the WWP Salesforce database without duplication or bad data.
- Create and implement a marketing plan (outside of Facebook) to solicit donations on the donor’s birthday or wedding, including videos encouraging donors to choose WWP as the donors’ designated charity and to donate on their birthday.
- Create personalized message to fundraisers, including Likes, Comments, In-Memory, and notable stories about veterans or active duty servicemembers.
- Ensure A/B testing and segmentation are completed properly within social campaigns.
- Work closely with members of the Resource Development and Communications teams to ensure standardized messaging in response to social media fundraiser questions.
- Review agency social media reports for accuracy and prepare analyses.
- Maintain a repository of Direct Response social media communications on the Direct Response network drive.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Demonstrated understanding of online marketing and sales concepts.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of social media platforms and channels. Proficient using social media channels, e.g., Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Clear communicator with excellent phone skills. Demonstrated writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive, influence others, and influence change.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and interact effectively with diverse individuals to build successful working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital marketing, or related field. Equivalent combination of education, experience, training, or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Three years of experience in social media communications or digital marketing.
- Three years of experience developing and implementing paid social advertisements.
- Two years of experience with database querying.
- Two years of experience working in a non-profit organization.
- One year of experience with HTML programming.
- One year of vendor management experience.
Certifications & Licensure Requirements
- Social Media Marketing Certification or other Digital Marketing or Web Analytics certification preferred.
Back to top