IT Infrastructure Manager - Jacksonville, FL
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Manager manages the WWP information technology infrastructure operations including servers, storage, networks, cloud platforms, telephony, enterprise applications, and collaboration systems. The IT Infrastructure Manager leads the IT infrastructure team, manages projects, and implements new technologies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the enterprise network and server architecture, and the definition, and delivery of enterprise network infrastructure components, including network, voice, storage, servers, operating systems, and databases.
- Lead Information Technology department’s infrastructure planning and projects; organize and allocate IT resources. Define and oversee infrastructure improvement projects.
- Manage IT infrastructure team including supervision, scheduling, development, and evaluation. Manage team and individual performance and drive accountability to achieve organization and individual goals. Coach, develop, and manage teammates against performance goals.
- Ensure appropriate IT infrastructure staffing to meet maintenance, issues, and project demand.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Oversee reports and documentation related to network and systems operations.
- Develop maintenance schedules for network and systems equipment.
- Set and adhere to benchmarks in problem resolution and system uptime.
- Build and implement an IT Infrastructure strategic plan.
- Analyze existing operations and recommend improvements for growth of networks and IT systems.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Ensure systems adhere to security and compliance requirements.
- Develop, monitor and maintain a disaster recovery plan that protects key systems.
- Develop an architecture roadmap to leverage economies of scale and support business growth.
- Conduct system feasibility studies and testing.
- Manage capacity planning proactively for future requirements of hardware, storage, and infrastructure requirements.
- Develop and implement functional policies and procedures, including those for network and system architecture, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Collaborate with manager(s) to manage relationships with key technology vendors.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems, including networks, data centers, servers, PCs, operating systems, and associated hardware.
- Assist in the provisioning of end-user services, including the service desk and technical support services.
- Support data center and network telecommunicate providers.
- Negotiate pricing and service levels agreements with IT service providers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced infrastructure technology knowledge, e.g., cloud solutions, virtualization, VoIP, MPLS, SD-WAN.
- Strong application support experience with Microsoft Office, Active Directory, and Exchange.
- Strong experience with recent Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Office 365 cloud solutions.
- Experience with VoIP phone systems and collaboration tools.
- Experience with hardware, networks (Cisco), operating systems, and storage.
- Project management skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple complex projects.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize critical thinking skills and analytical skills in problem solving.
- Proven management skills that foster an open dialog with staff.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Team-oriented and a desire to engage with others on day to day activities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and influence change.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Ability to work within a high velocity, autonomous, and demanding culture. Ability to interact with a wide array of users and build effective working relationships.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Three years of experience managing an infrastructure services team.
- Six years of experience working in infrastructure services.
- Six years of experience working with Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Six years of application support experience with Active Directory, Exchange, and Microsoft Office.
- Six years’ Microsoft Office 365 suite of tools and systems experience.
- SD-WAN solutions experience.
Certifications & Licensure Requirements
- Technology certifications, e.g., CCNA, MCSE, ITIL, PMP, or pursuing certification preferred
Meet Some of Wounded Warrior Project's Employees
Alumni Deputy Director
Brian works with the Alumni Team that helps wounded warriors transition back into everyday life. Brian’s role entails visiting warriors at their hospital bedsides, partnering with outside organizations, and planning connection events.
Back to top