Graphic Designer - Jacksonville, FL
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Graphic Designer leads WWP’s in-house graphic design capability within the marketing team. The Graphic Designer develops high-quality brand assets, updates and maintains consistency with WWP brand standards, and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to produce marketing materials that elevate the WWP brand.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and create digital and print materials including brochures, one-pagers, and event invitations to support warrior, donor, and general audience communications.
- Create digital advertisements, infographics, graphs, charts, and other collateral for website, social, email, and marketing communications.
- Collaborate with marketing team and leadership to develop organizational reports, toolkits, templates, presentations, and other resources for key stakeholder audiences.
- Design data rich visualizations, e.g. graphs, charts, to embed in reports, blogs, press releases, and presentations.
- Collaborate with brand and marketing teams to update and evolve WWP logos, graphic elements, and brand standards.
- Interact directly with external agencies and vendors to ensure consistent and compliant use of WWP brand assets and design elements.
- Research and secure appropriate imagery and other graphic elements to enhance design projects and complement messaging and content.
- Stay informed of industry developments, design trends, and technologies to keep the WWP look and feel relevant and on-brand.
- Manage and catalog creative assets and electronic source files in digital asset library.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of design software including Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), Keynote, PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to design and create graphic designs that clearly communicate and prompt action.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand and engaging visualizations, graphs, and charts.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and work with brand standards.
- Strong aesthetic skills with an ability to combine various colors, fonts, and layouts.
- Demonstrated ability to design materials that engage diverse and specific audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and produce a photo shoot working with outside photographers as needed.
- Demonstrated photography skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Effectively completes assignments and meets deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal teammates and outside resources to resolve issues.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative and work independently to accomplish tasks and assignments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual arts or related field. Equivalent combination of education, experience, training, or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five years of experience as a graphic designer with a portfolio of completed design projects.
- Five years of experience working with design software Adobe Creative Suite, i.e., InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Three years of experience working in a marketing agency or corporate marketing department.
Certifications & Licensure Requirements
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) preferred.
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) preferred.
Back to top