Director of Behavioral/Brain Health
- Jacksonville, FL
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the things people look for in a job.
But if you're the kind of person who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind of person we're looking for.
Change the life of someone who served their country, and join an organization that not only supports you, but empowers you to make that change a reality.
When you join the Wounded Warrior Project family, you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.
A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to get started, we're ready for you.
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Warrior Care Network (WCN) Director serves as the global strategic visionary and leader of the Warrior Care Network program. The WCN Director establishes relationships with and works collaboratively with the Academic Medical Centers' (AMCs) leadership, the AMCs' operational teams, the Warrior Care Network staff, and WWP leadership to develop the strategic vision of the Warrior Care Network and ensure achievement of the WCN's objectives for successful treatment of warriors.
Note: Warrior Care Network is a partnership between Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) and four national academic medical centers (AMC) of excellence. In cooperation with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), this program connects thousands of warriors with world-class care to battle the invisible wounds of war by filling gaps in government care and reaching those who may otherwise go untreated.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the long-term strategy and objectives for the Warrior Care Network's (WCN) global program.
- Provide strategic oversight for Academic Medical Centers' (AMCs) contractual compliance and the program's objectives and goals achievement.
- Develop strategies to maximize the quantity and quality of appropriate WWP Alumni referrals to the AMCs.
- Work to synchronize efforts across WWP's mental health and warrior engagement team to maximize WCN's effectiveness.
- Establish strong and effective relationships with the Academic Medical Centers' (AMCs) leadership to create, develop, and implement the strategic vision of the Warrior Care Network.
- Serve as liaison with the academic medical centers' network members.
- Provide leadership oversight and collaboration on hospital integration, risk management, and contractual deliverables. Ensure governance oversight for network committees.
- Lead the Warrior Care Network management team and ensure effective program operations. Promote a supportive working environment where team members are encouraged to proactively address issues and solve problems.
- Communicate the vision and strategy of the Warrior Care Network and represent the Warrior Care Network in meetings, phone conferences, and public events.
- Ensure the development of Warrior Care Network staff's program management skills, program evaluation skills, presentation skills, and ensure career progression.
- Act as senior mental health leader in absence of vice president.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) and represent WWP at various strategic-level engagements, e.g., Capitol Hill, WWP Board meetings.
- Manage the budget and ensure oversight of expenditures.
- Ensure outcomes measurement and executive-level reporting of program results.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to lead with strategic vision and generate big-picture content and program structure.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills with a strong ability to lead in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and build effective relationships. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to sensitive matters appropriately.
- Demonstrated understanding of relationship management and partnering. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of military and veteran issues, and the emotional impact of combat, e.g., brain injury, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and combat stress, and particularly with Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. Demonstrated understanding of psychological and mental health issues. Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by warriors affected by trauma.
- Strong working understanding of WWP programs and other resources available for families and warriors.
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Twelve years of experience in healthcare delivery, healthcare management, healthcare administration, or in healthcare project management and program evaluation.
- Ten years of senior leadership experience.
- Ten years of experience in healthcare program management, i.e., strategic program design and development, and administration.
- Seven years of experience working with and providing support to wounded service members who are dealing with both visible and invisible injuries, e.g., brain injury, post-traumatic stress disorder, and combat stress.
- Master's degree in social work, behavioral health, psychology, sociology, human performance, or a related healthcare field, or business administration (MBA), health administration (MHA), or public administration (MPA).
- Master's degree in business administration or healthcare administration, with an emphasis on healthcare operations, healthcare economics, or healthcare business analytics.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Valid state-issued driver's license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 50% travel.
Wounded Warrior Project® is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or through other means."
Back to top