Direct Marketing Communications Specialist - Jacksonville, FL
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Direct Marketing Communications Specialist manages the day-to-day production activities of direct response solicitations for Direct Mail and reviews all components of final campaigns from the creative brief stage to finalized packages including fact-checking warrior biographies, adhering to brand standards, ensuring copy accuracy, and interfacing with staff across direct response, communications, and marketing teams and with external agencies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage production schedule tracker of integrated donor communications programs including creative, brand standards, art, coding of campaigns, and copy.
- Assign vendors to implement integrated donor campaigns, focusing on scheduling and creative trafficking, managing mail dates, to avoid loss of possible revenue in Direct Mail, Online, and Monthly Giving solicitations.
- Edit Direct Mail copy to ensure adherence to brand guidelines.
- Monitor control packages metrics with vendors including testing (e.g., warrior story reviews) to evaluate results of each control and make adjustments to future campaigns.
- Develop direct response fundraising best practices with copywriting agency to maximize revenue streams.
- Create WWP story map and testing plans with agency in accordance to strategic creative fiscal year mail plan.
- Maintain proper storage and organization for printed samples and digital copies of completed direct mail campaigns.
- Provide recommendations to communications team on national campaign team changes and provide recruitment guidance of warriors featured in campaigns while keeping all visuals up to date as needed.
- Implement marketing materials utilizing data and facts from multiple departments and program teammates for warrior biographies while performing impact measurements.
- Create weekly status memos and direct the weekly status calls, e.g., meeting agendas, follow-ups, and accountability of assigned tasks.
- Manage full-service agency to ensure mail dates are met and track deliverability.
- Create monthly performance grids to track creative and tactical performance for leadership team review and assist with format and package adjustments.
- Coordinate with the designated budget approval representative to approve and track invoices and quotes in monthly reports.
- Plan, design, create, and execute informed delivery campaigns.
- Work with Monthly Giving team to develop and approve sustainer mail campaigns.
- Process project and reporting requests with donor experience systems team to track proper URL usage for direct mail and online integrated campaigns.
- Troubleshoot donor issues or complaints pertaining to direct mail campaigns with donor experience team.
- Review non-direct response team’s direct mail efforts to ensure creative content is consistent with direct response strategy and coordinates with vendor as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of direct marketing and production processes.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- High energy, self-motivated, detail oriented, and supportive individual able to take initiative, multi-task, work well under pressure, and complete required assignments in a timely fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships at all levels of an organization and build successful and effective relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to identify problems, analyze information, evaluate results, and solve problems using the most effective solutions.
- Demonstrated vendor relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, communicating effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field. Equivalent combination of education, experience, training, or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Three years of experience in marketing.
- Two years of experience in copywriting.
- One year of experience working with vendor relationships.
- Two years of experience working in print production or a related field.
Certifications & Licensure Requirements
Back to top