Strategic Communications Specialist - 17016
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Strategic Communications Specialist at our Washington, DC office. The Specialist works with members of the Strategic Communications team to create and distribute compelling content, visual and written, to position WWF as a thought-leader on priority issues among key influencers in government, business, multi-laterals, academia, philanthropy, and media. The Specialist will work closely with senior members of the Strategic Communications team to support WWF leadership, including the President and CEO and other executives.
The Specialist must be passionate about communications and using engaging and powerful messages to tell WWF’s story to elite influencers. The Specialist must also be highly skilled in the latest digital communications tools and techniques, including graphic design and presentation platforms. This individual is a strategic thinker who can bring the right balance of vision and execution to the role. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Must be able to meet quick-turnaround deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously. Minimal travel required.
- Serve as lead content developer to create written op-eds and articles to be published by 3rd party outlets, external presentations, and speeches, primarily supporting WWF-US’ President & CEO and additional executives.
- Develop presentations in Powerpoint / Keynote, create narrative story and supporting graphics.
- Ensure consistency of voice and message across all communications.
- Develop and shape content, including compelling messages to differentiate WWF-US, targeted and specific to various audiences.
- Provides research, administrative and logistical support for influencer engagement activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years professional experience in journalism or a related field is required.
- Exceptional writing skills, background in journalism or speechwriting preferred.
- Strong visual content development skills and experience, including use of photography, video, powerpoint and other tools.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects; create and implement tactics on tight deadlines and be a cooperative team player.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially relationship management skills and the ability to work productively across diverse teams, cultures, and contexts.
- Experience using multiple digital and social media platforms.
- Strong organizational/analytical skills.
- Highly-motivated, self-starter who knows how to take projects and run with them.
- Must possess appreciation and enthusiasm for conservation.
- Please visit our Careers Page, job #17016, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Back to top