Sr. Administrative Assistant - 17047
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Senior Administrative Assistant at our Washington, DC office. Performs a variety of standard and frequently complex administrative duties, accounting tasks and special projects to ensure the smooth functioning of department or program using administrative skills, organizational skills, and a detailed knowledge of the organization and its programs and policies.
- Communication - Answers and routes phone calls, greets visitors, and handles a variety of internal and external requests, makes appointments for supervisor(s) and staff. Answers complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of departmental procedures.
- General office duties - Makes travel arrangements; handles administrative aspect of new employee set-up; orders office supplies, coordinates mailings, production and distribution of documents, reports and other materials. Performs miscellaneous office tasks. May assign work and coordinate projects performed by part-time and temporary staff.
- Document review and preparation - Regularly composes correspondence for self and others. Composes complex documents for others such as presentations using PowerPoint or Prezi, and ensures they are correct and accurate. May help prepare proposals and contracts.
- Coordinate meetings/conferences/ special events- Arranges meetings including attendee coordination, space and equipment rental, AV needs, catering, and material preparation.
- Financial support - Reviews and processes payments for credit cards transactions and invoices, inputs proper coding into financial system, prepares check and/or wire requests, handles re-classes and serves as the liaison with accounting to track payments. Monitors expense reports against budget, seeking explanations for significant variations. Compiles and reviews financial reports submitted by others. Assists supervisor with developing preliminary data and background information for budget preparation process.
- Recordkeeping - Collects information and maintains logs, records and lists on a regular or ad-hoc basis using Microsoft Word, Excel, or specialized databases such as SharePoint and customer relationship management (CRM) software. Reviews, validates and inputs data collected or provided by others. Identifies any problems with the data and coordinates with others to resolve problems as needed.
- Report preparation - Prepares reports for internal staff, as well as members, donors and government staff by creating tables and charts, calculating statistics, interpreting data and assisting in writing results. May assist with compiling input for proposals and preparing for presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Five years of demonstrated and progressively responsible experience in an administrative assistant or secretarial position.
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel and specialized databases to create documents, reports and logs.
- Good organizational and analytical skills needed to proof and edit documents; effective writing ability necessary to prepare correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers and visitors.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #17047
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
See Inside the Office of World Wildlife Fund
Formed in 1961 by a group of concerned biologists, WWF is the world’s leading conservation organization, supporting projects focused on saving wildlife species and their habitats. Now over 50 years old, WWF works in over 100 countries and is supported by more than 6 million members around the world—uniquely combining global reach, scientific innovation, and local action to meet the needs of people and nature.
Back to top