Senior Program Officer, Retail Food Waste - 18083
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Senior Program Officer, Retail Food Waste. This senior specialist position provides an opportunity for a retail career professional to be part of a team working with industries and individual companies to set science based and data driven goals and to develop roadmaps focused on preventing food waste and increasing food recovery efforts. The position will work directly with the Director and the Senior Program Officer of the Food Waste program and will support ongoing research efforts and in-depth data analysis, with specific focus on the hospitality industry and the food retailing industry. This position will support the data collection and analysis efforts from pilot interventions with private sector partners that attempt to find food waste prevention best practices.
- Analyze data from multiple sources including food costs, sales data (POS), waste disposal, composting, anaerobic digestion, and weights & measures from food waste pilot programs
- Organize and coordinate data collection with demonstration projects in the field
- Create analytics and reports for the Food Waste team and provide insights and analysis
- Data entry, analysis, data visualization and management (Excel MS, Tableau, Power Bi)
- Capable of creating presentations and synthesize results for multiple audiences
- 5-8 years of retail experience in retail merchandising, online retailing systems, sustainability, and/or retail facility operations;
- Bachelors Degree Required, Advanced Degree preferred
- Must have strong experience working food retail or food service;
- Must have strong proficiency in MS Excel, data management best practices, and data visualization;
- Proactive problem-solving and good communication skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to work productively on independent research, data collection and analysis assignments and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the environmental impacts of food waste, greenhouse gas accounting principles, and the World Resources Institute’s reporting protocols and standards, specifically the Food Loss and Waste Protocol strongly preferred;
- Strong research, statistical, analytical skills, organization skills and attention to detail are obligatory;
- Tableau or equivalent experience preferred;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish or a second language is a plus.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #18083
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
See Inside the Office of World Wildlife Fund
Formed in 1961 by a group of concerned biologists, WWF is the world’s leading conservation organization, supporting projects focused on saving wildlife species and their habitats. Now over 50 years old, WWF works in over 100 countries and is supported by more than 6 million members around the world—uniquely combining global reach, scientific innovation, and local action to meet the needs of people and nature.
Back to top