Manager, Seafood Engagement - 16053
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Manager, Seafood Engagement at our Washington, DC office. The Manager, Seafood Engagement, serves on the Seafood Engagement Team in the WWF-US DC office, supporting the development and execution of the WWF US seafood market engagement strategy. This position reports to the Director of Seafood Engagement and plays a lead role in supporting seafood market engagement. The Manager, Seafood Engagement directly works with corporate partners to reach commitment goals for sustainable seafood sourcing and supports development of new partnerships.
- Through a strong understanding of the U.S seafood industry and global seafood supply chains, plays a lead role in supporting the development and the execution of the WWF US Seafood Program.
- Responsible for the management and execution of sustainable seafood sourcing strategies with corporate partners and ensuring integration of programs across all WWF US seafood markets work.
- Manages project design, implementation, staff management, monitoring, and evaluation related initiatives and activities, as well as execution of annual workplan for partner seafood engagement work. Responsible for engaging will all segments of the seafood supply chain needed to support program initiatives.
- Supports development of new strategic initiatives and leads the execution of assigned new seafood industry engagement efforts.
- Develops and implements systems for efficient and effective tracking of the partners’ commitments and information management necessary for this purpose. This may include collaborating with other NGOs to use existing systems.
- Supports ensuring alignment and collaborative integration of seafood engagement work with WWF’s Private Sector Engagement Team, Aquaculture Program, and Fisheries Program, as well as other relevant goal and influence teams as needed.
- Liaises with external stakeholders including but not limited to academics, NGOs, industry groups, foundations, etc. Liaises with global WWF Network in order to support project execution and ideation.
- Supports the ideation new Seafood initiatives to support the WWF US Food team objectives.
- May supervise additional staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree preferred in resource economics, natural resources management, business management or a related field. Strong US seafood industry background required.
- A minimum of Eight years’ experience in a combination of sustainability, U.S. seafood industry and/or global seafood supply chain required.
- Strong understanding of the U.S. seafood industry structure; retail, foodservice, and supply chains essential.
- Clear understanding of the dynamics issues of seafood sustainability and responsible seafood sourcing essential.
- Strong presentation skills, influence skills, and communicates clearly and concisely orally and in writing is a must.
- Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills preferred.
- Flexibility, a solution-oriented approach and the ability to work in a timely manner on initiatives with multiple and competing priorities.
- Able to work as part of a team, yet possess the initiative and skills to be a self-starter.
- Diplomacy and cultural sensitivity critical.
- Must be to travel nationally and internationally (six trips per year).
- Proficiency in another language is a plus.
- Please visit our Careers Page, job#16053, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Back to top