Junior Accountant - 17007
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Junior Accountant at our Washington, DC office. The position is responsible for internal control and compliance as well as a variety of accounting operations and financial management duties which affect the accuracy and acceptability of accounting and budget information covering the program and administrative activities. Support all accounting areas include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, General Ledger, Field Office Accounting and Banking.
1. Review the supporting documentation for all of the corporate cardholder statements and communicate with appropriate personnel to resolve any non-compliance situations. Adjust coding as required and ensure proper approvals were secured.
2. Conduct compliance reviews on the Field Office financial reports, ledger balances and reconciliations.
3. Coordinate the corporate card ordering distribution and termination.
4. Working with appropriate staff, propose internal controls and quality checks; ensure controls are in compliance with organizational requirements. Provide analytical suggestions and feedback from reports.
5. Employee setup and approval level maintainenance within the Accounts Payable approval matrix.
6. Prepare Accounts Payable and other schedules needed for the annual independent audit. Provide support for periodic governmental (including 1099 and 990 IRS forms) and other special audits as required. Correspond with appropriate staff regarding information needed for year-end closing and audits. Collects and verifies PBC (prepared by client) audit schedules.
7. Contribute to the preparation, maintenance and revision of the accounting Intranet site. This includes assistance with drafting policies and procedures, and providing training and education to staff on various accounting related issues.
8. Coordinate the filing and storage retention requirements for the department’s onsite area and offsite storage related to accounting documents.
9. Performs other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor's in Accounting or a Business related curriculum or equivalent experience is required. A minimum of 4-years of accounting work experience, including accounts payable and general ledger work.
• Oracle R12 knowledge is strongly preferred.
• Excellent accounting and communication skills
• Able to work well independently, as well as to function effectively as a team member
• High degree of initiative, attention to detail, and flexibility to successfully accommodate deadlines. • Able to quickly comprehend issues and use problem-solving skills.
• Excellent knowledge of electronic spreadsheets and other accounting software.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #17007
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Back to top